1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Direct Deposit For Payroll

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by MMLawn, Jun 27, 2006.

1. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Any of you guys use it? Several of my employees have requested it and as several of them also bank with the same bank I do my bank sent me an offer today to offer it and handle it for for free on my end. Just wondering if it is more or less hassle than cutting checks? I pay every two weeks and each payroll, (not including my draw) runs about $45,000.00 pre-tax.
  2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We do it Mike...me and the guys love it, one less hassle IMO.
  3. The Ripper

The Ripper LawnSite Member

Your payroll is $90,000 a month? How is that possible?
  4. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

I've offered it .... trying to motivate my foreman into buying a house ... but they all like a check

We'll done on the payroll Mike .... that kinda pay must bring in some cabbage .... n with that payroll ...it would only make sense to have DP .... that alot of checks to sign ;-)

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Good one.
  6. MMLawn

27 Years of my life building this business.
  7. MMLawn

That's what is holding me back some Steve, I know I have some employees that like the "feel" of a check in their hands on Monday afternoon, but the DP would probably be easier. I don't actually sign them anymore though as our payroll clerk prints my signature from the computer onto the checks when she prints the it.
  8. dwlah

dwlah LawnSite Senior Member
    from Argo Al

The hospital I work my F/T job at virtually requires it(6k+ employees)
    Out of 150 employees in my dept only 3-4 dont do it
    Make sure you have a plan in place in case the bank messes up
    At the hosp it takes til the next pay period to get corrections fixed if the employee messes up(they also keep up with the time) and 5 working days if the payroll dept screws it up
    Oh yeah They wont have to stop at the bank on payday or the next while they are on the clock
  9. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

:rolleyes: Exactly.....
  10. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

Why must you say all this bs???