Direct Info From Filter Minder

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by puppypaws, Oct 5, 2007.

1. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Bruce is an extremely nice and knowledgeable person on air filtration, this is an email he sent me today explaining the function ability of the Filter Minder gages his company manufactures.

Reid,

I tried sending some e-mail attachments but I think it's been delayed, possibly
    due to the size of the files. I'll be sending you a package by regular mail
    also that will contain the same info, and more.

So anyway below is at least the contents of my original message and my contact
    info.

Reid,

It was very nice talking with you this morning. You seem to have a great
    understanding of how air filtering works in the real world. As we discussed I'm
    attaching a few pieces of literature here and will be mailing you some more. I
    may break this up into a few e-mails so the files will go through easier.

Your question about the differences in redline or maximum recommended
    restriction levels between different types of equipment and engines was a good
    one also. Like I said it is similar to thinking about the yellow diaphragm in
    the filterminder(the part that moves to indicate the restriction) as a
    parachute. The size of the chute will vary depending on the weight of the load
    it is supporting. Our diaphragm doesn't vary in size so we do basically the
    same thing by varying the spring tension in the indicator. A smaller engine
    will generally create less overall vacuum and will typically restrict at a
    lower vacuum level than a large diesel - therefore we design the spring so that
    the indicator reaches red zone accordingly. In a nut shell the different engine
    types and designs are the weight and our diaphragm and spring design act as the
    chute - if that makes sense!!!!

Anyway thanks again for the call and I will be joining the lawnsite.com forums
    soon. And the next time I'm heading for NC I will be sure and call to set up
    dinner with you and the Hustler dealer you mentioned. Which also reminds me, we
    are going to be displaying at the Green Industry Expo in Louisville, KY at the
    end of this month. If you or any dealers you know are planning on attending be
    sure to tell them to stop by our booth. We'd love to talk and discuss some of
    this further with them.

Thanks again, my contact info is listed below.
    Have a great day,

Bruce Andreassen
    Sales Account Manager
    Engineered Products Co.
    319-234-0231 ext. 37
    www.filterminder.com