Direct Mail costs

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by BLC1, Jan 17, 2013.

1. BLC1

BLC1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

What's a good idea on sending out 10k cards. Design, print, mailing and all.

2. wbw

wbw LawnSite Fanatic

Look at Cactus Mailings web site.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

4. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

I am actually meeting with a young lady tomorrow for lunch who says she can do $.74 per card designed and delivered.

5. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Thts expensive!!!!!!!! Im doing 10k cards and with the price of the card, and postage im a right around $2300
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. BLC1

from Ohio

I was told 2400 for 10k over sized cards, color both sides, designed, printed and mailed. Seemed like a pretty good rate.

7. burnsyscapes

burnsyscapes LawnSite Member

Ups store can do 5000 or more for .28 printed and delivered. Size is 6.5x11

You can find way cheaper than .74

8. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

Krazy and BLC where are you getting these prices? thats a couple cents less than I have been seeing. Is that EDDM? or targeted mailing?

9. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Eddm is $0.145 per card, i designed my cards and ordered them from got print. 10k cards was a lil over $500.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. BLC1

from Ohio

I did the Eddm last year and it was driving me nuts because you have to split the cards into bundles of 50 and rubber band them with a different ticket.

Even with the Eddm and got print a little over 500 you're still looking around 2000 and you have to handle them all. You can't drop them all at once either. They have a limit of maybe 5000 for eddm. I think I would pay 2400 all day to never have to touch them or design them.