Direct Mail does it work?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Holloway Lawns, Apr 29, 2001.

1. Holloway Lawns

Holloway Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Thinking about doing a direct mail campain to a certain zip code. Have any of you done this and if so what were you results. Also what did you send a letter or post card? Did you use any special offers?

2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Ive done that a few times, worked ok, nothing special, but it was worth it. Im going to try it again soon.

3. Kurt

Kurt LawnSite Member

I mailed out 2,700 post cards last month. Cost? About $1,200. I offered the first month free upon signing a years contract.
    I was very disapointed. I got 4 phone calls. The general rule for direct marketing such as mail outs. The return should net at least 2%. NOT 1/2%
    Good new is that I closed all 4.
    I will never do a mass mailing again.
    But, I will try a saturation of a certain geographic market area to economize.
    Kurt

4. Holloway Lawns

Holloway Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I went to an area and passed out flyers on doors. I made two estamates while I was out doing thing and when I got home I got a call from a lady in that area wanting an estamate and come Monday I will be back in that area doing some work. I spent maybe 1 1/2 hour passing about 200 flyers out. I am happy with the results of it maybe one or two more call I would be real happy.