1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Direct mail / Flier / door hanger

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Husky, Jul 8, 2004.

Which is best? Why think about time spent delivering,,,stuffing?

1. Direct mail

14 vote(s)
  2. Fliers

5 vote(s)
  3. Door Hangers

11 vote(s)
  1. Husky

Husky LawnSite Member

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Direct Mail $$$$$. Start with fliers and they can be used in other places.
  3. Husky

Husky LawnSite Member

Why are you guys coting for what your voting? What makes a flier better pr worst than direct mail or door hangers???? thanks guys
  4. Husky

Husky LawnSite Member

post post post reply please
  5. KL Squared

KL Squared LawnSite Member

i ahve put out fliers by the 1000's. They are cheap if you do not count the time that it takes you to put them out. I have a high opinion of my time. I mailed 8,000 post cards this year. The total cost was approximately $2,000. The best estimate that I have for total income generated for the year is +/- $50,000. Not a bad return for the investment.
  6. allstar

allstar LawnSite Senior Member

KL Squared,
    Would you please answer some questions?The $2k you spent to mail 8k cards:I assume this includes printing and mailing costs.Do you use a mailing service or do you purchase lists and do it yourself?Also,do you mail the flyers or just drive around and deliver them yourself?Thanks.
  7. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Husky,

One thing to consider if you are mailing, post cards don't have to be opened like flyers so there is a better chance your prospective customer will read what you are sending.