1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Direct Mail out

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by ashs inc, Jan 17, 2007.

1. ashs inc

ashs inc LawnSite Senior Member
    from alabama

Hey guys. I am looking to finally do some advertising. All of my work has been mostly from word of mouth and truck lettering. I want to do some direct mail post cards. Let me hear from the people who it has worked for. I know the subdivisions that i want to target. But i am at a loss on how to get the address of the people who live here. I dont care about there names just that they get a post card. Thanks for all who help me out.
  2. LawnNeedz

LawnNeedz LawnSite Senior Member

I have used mailers in the past and seem to get an ok response. I used a company in Decatur Alabama to mail mine out and they charged 21 cents per mailer.
  3. ashs inc

ashs inc LawnSite Senior Member
    from alabama

thanks man got there name or number? anybody else

ED'S LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

I also target certain sub-divisions. I don't do any large advertising since I like staying part-time. Monday my daughter and I went to the sub-divisions wrote down the streets and the house #. We collected 600 in 11/2 hrs. As far as the name when I mail out my postcards I just use resident.

Good luck
  5. Picture Perfect Landscape

Picture Perfect Landscape LawnSite Member

You have to have addresses for direct mail outs. I figured you could just give them a a neighbor hood or something kind of general and the send out to everyhouse in the specified area?
  6. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

Read through past threads , it's all there 10 times over
  7. matt spinniken

matt spinniken LawnSite Senior Member

You can go to mapquest.com find the streets you are interested in and then go to whitepages.com and do a reverse address search and find the names numbers and street address for all that live on that street.
  8. AgLawn02

AgLawn02 LawnSite Member

If you have access to the Tax CAD for your area you should be able to look up every subdivision you would like to market to. Set your database based on that into an Excell file and from the various fields they list you can determine who lives there. For your mailer, you can look at purepostcards.com for rates. They have taken good care of us in the past for other mail outs.
  9. LawnNeedz

LawnNeedz LawnSite Senior Member

Alabama Mail Service is the company that I used in Decatur Alabama. There number is 1-800-824-0825. Remember that timing is everything!
  10. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Last year I bought the town street listings book. For around $15 you get any info you need for mailing. Some even have occupation listed next to name. I bought it at the town clerks office at the town hall.
    I have to warn you though. If your targeting sub division, well, so is everyone else. I find thesed places are cheap. Expect to get at least $10 less per mowing account per week. LOWBALLERS TERRITORY.