Direct mailing Question

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by KrayzKajun, Jan 22, 2007.

1. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Do you hand write the addresses or do you make labels??
  2. toac

toac LawnSite Senior Member

print labels

mail merge is a splendid function
  3. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Most mailing services will charge $5-15 per 1000 to print the addresses and mail for you at .17 each. I just started using a local mailing company, but I'm sure you have one near you. We put out 5000 8.5 X 5.5" postcards for $1350. That was taking the postcards to them and having a targeted list created for the mailings. The list itself would've cost us $350 (and has many times).

I think this is the most cost effective solution to direct mailing.
  4. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

I print everything right on the envalope or paper. no hand writing unless it's a signature or invoice.
  5. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Most word processors offer you the option of printing labels from an address book. I use Microsoft Works to create a database of addresses, then use that database to populate labels on my printer.
  6. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Buy some labels at office depot or staples. Print out lables and sick on. Saves time.
  7. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

thats exactly what i did!! Ive been puttin labels on envelopes for about 5 hours now
  8. Grashopper

Grashopper LawnSite Member

MTDMAN, where do you get the addresses and how do you get them into works?
  9. Grashopper

Grashopper LawnSite Member

$1350. for 5000 post cards doesn't seem that great of a deal. True that is only $0.27 each. But my door hangers work out to cost less. I paid $300 for 10,000 door hangers. That leaves me $1050. for labor. I pay $20 for 3 hours of door hanging at about 70 fliers per hour. $1050./ $6.66 = 157 hours. 157 hours * 70 doorhangers per hour equals 10, 990 door hangers for the same price. That equals $0.12 per door hanger.

I use fund raising groups to hang my fliers. It's easy, kids walk fast, and sometimes it is tax free.