Direct Mailing

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by impman2005, Jan 17, 2010.

?

Are Direct Mailing campaigns worth it?

Poll closed Feb 16, 2010.
  1. Yea

16 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Nah

8 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. SchnabelLawnCare

SchnabelLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I think we would all be interested in how you succeeded so well! How many did you send, and did 10% sign up or were they just price shopping?

2. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Would you mind sharing the name of the company you used for the direct mailing that you're doing? I'm looking for my best option for a spring mailing.

3. ohiogreenworks

ohiogreenworks LawnSite Senior Member

Sure, I got that quote from Minute Man Press. I believe they are a franchise chain. There is one by me but I'm sure there is one over by you. Just google MinuteMan Press. Let me know what you find out.

edit to add: I just got my final quote from minute man and it ended up being almost 39 cents a piece for 22,482 which is how many homes in the area I want to hit were over 70k household income. Doesn't seem too bad if I can even get 1/2% close ratio I would be doing awesome! Haven't made a final decision yet...

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  4. impman2005

impman2005 LawnSite Member

Thanks for all the posts, but I'd like to hear from some of the guys that voted against campaigns, cause all I'm hearing is the upside.

5. cherrync5296

cherrync5296 LawnSite Member

We mail 60,000 mailers a year. It is our best marketing media. But your marketing efforts need to be multi-tiered. Internet marketing is fast becomming very sucessful. If you are really small perhaps you will get enough from that to keep you happy.