Direct Mailings

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Perfect Cuts, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Perfect Cuts

Perfect Cuts LawnSite Member

I am sending out direct mailings if anyone knows where to get a good list by zip code and income please let me know.

Thanks

2. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah me too!

3. CA CLT

CA CLT LawnSite Member

What I'm doing right now is using a high end, full sized lithograph coupon magazine. There are a couple of reasons for this. First, the publisher has isolated his mailing list to ONLY homes (no apartments or business addresses). He has also isolated the average income of the neighborhoods he mails to to $65,000 and up. Second is the cost. He mails 15,000 books once every quarter. I've got a 1/2 page display ad for $890. I also have an incentive printed into the ad. You can't touch that kind of distribution with any single mailer at that price. The other nice thing about the magazine as opposed to the post card is that they actually look through it and keep it for the entire quarter as they use the coupons, and don't just toss it out as junk mail.

There clearly is a way to isolate addresses by income level, but I think the investment that this guy made into accessing the information was fairly significant. I think you are on the right track, but you are probably best off looking for a similar ad vehicle to use to keep your costs down.

4. Perfect Cuts

my father has a sealcoating business and advertises by way of direct mail. He is a franchise and they supply his list. I only need a few zip codes and do not need to spend $3500 on a list there are places out there where you can get these lists for a few hundred bucks i wanted to know if anyone has used one of these companies .I am looking for the best price ... also I already have the permit from the post office now I can mail @ .16 cents a piece.

I appreciate the suggestions though and am open to new advertising ideas...

Thanks...

5. CA CLT

CA CLT LawnSite Member

6. Perfect Cuts

Thanks I appreciate your help.

7. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

I went to my local county government since property records are public information. I was able to get the homeowners name, address, and lot size for every lot in the county that met my search criteria for $20.

8. Perfect Cuts

can this be done by income

9. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

i bet it could...

10. amtrucker22

amtrucker22 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

You might want to try infousa.com I have not used them but I am able to go in and set my search criteria (including income) and it appears their list go for a couple of hundred dollars. I am seriously considering this next year once I get a nice post card designed and better established.