Dirt Bag(s) took me today - Right out from under my Nose

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by milsaps118, Sep 6, 2010.

1. SuperPROlawnScalper

SuperPROlawnScalper LawnSite Member

should have run it over, then you would have had more money... right?

2. Tyler7692

Tyler7692 LawnSite Bronze Member

No, he would have just redistributed the wealth!

3. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

That's why I always feel like enclosed trailers are not as secure as people make them out to be....for the theives to steal the same items off of an open trailer, the theives would have had to cut the lock for each peice of equipment due to all peices having individual locks. Having an enclosed trailer open while mowing backyards is why I didn't go with an enclosed trailer when I upgraded last year.....JMO

4. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

ha? just close and lock the door. Instead you choose to lock everything individually? In an open you can just reach from the side. Plus if a thief wants something he is going to get it no matter how it is set up. Enclosed trailers are not as inviting as opens.

5. MR-G

MR-G LawnSite Senior Member

2 yrs ago scumbags broke into one of our trailers (enclosed) and took everything but the mowers....all less than a yr old stihl...3 of everything !!
    needless to say we now have alarm systems and a camera in each trailer...all running off a deep cycle battery that is kept charged by a small solar panel on the roof....so far no problems....the camera is a motion activated hunting camera...digital so is easy to retrieve or clear and reset...about 5 yrs ago a good friend of mine was working solo and saw a guy go into his trailer...he was putting equipment into the back of a pick up truck...my buddy quietly snuck up on the trailer and closed the dirtbag inside...called the cops and had him disposed of....made the news and was oh so cool !!

6. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

haha thats awesome.

7. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

i would post a ad on cragslist of what you are looking for and willing to pay top dollar for it. my brother did it once and found his kids missing dirt bike that was stolen.

8. unit28

unit28 LawnSite Bronze Member

9. milsaps118

milsaps118 LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for posting, had my heart thumping for a second there!!:laugh: Not mine though.:cry: I called the number and it's a pawn shop....

10. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

so why wouldnt it be yours because its at a pawn shop?