Dirt Bag(s) took me today - Right out from under my Nose

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by milsaps118, Sep 6, 2010.

1. milsaps118

milsaps118 LawnSite Senior Member

Because that one has been sitting at the pawn shop for 30 days before it was even listed for sale just last week. My blower got stolen 3 weeks ago.

2. milsaps118

milsaps118 LawnSite Senior Member

I went down there today and checked it out. Probably 3-4 years old but in good condition. I offered them $100 cash and the guy said no way. He came back at me with $130+tax, we ended up settling at $125. Not a bad deal IMO. My insurance already sent me my check so I figured what the heck mineaswell replace it.

3. tallrick

tallrick LawnSite Senior Member

A friend had his enclosed trailer broken in once and stolen and cleaned out the next time. My solution was to rig up the new trailer with a large smoke bomb. Someone tried to pry the lock off and triggered the alarm. When the smoke cleared he found the crowbar and a cell phone. Sugar and stump remover sure is fun!

4. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Out of sight, out of mind. Always remember that.

5. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Can you detail this? I assume you created the smoker?

6. unit28

unit28 LawnSite Bronze Member

good deal.

I checked the CL today and found another one with very little info.
    Looked kinda like a desperate need to get rid of it.
    it's in Coon Rapids posted 2010-10-06, 10:56PM CDT

Anyway good you got another one so you can move on.

Happy trails ...........

7. GroundsGuys USA

GroundsGuys USA LawnSite Member

It is very important to keep detailed information about all of your equipment. Even if something gets stolen and you find it, without a receipt or proof of ownership you will never get it back

8. f50lvr2

f50lvr2 LawnSite Senior Member

I had a problem with gas cans getting stolen earlier this year in a certain neighborhood. I'd strap them down, cables, etc. and they'd find ways to get them, usually involving some sort of knife or cutting device.

Being a solo operator, it would happen while I was in a back yard. After a couple of times over the course of a month or so I switched my cans over to the yellow "diesel" cans and haven't had a problem since and don't have to lock them down.

So the thieves figure diesel isn't worth stealing for a gas car and if a diesel driver steals 10-15 gal of petrol and puts it in their car...

9. WenzelOSLLC

WenzelOSLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Can you say sweet justice? :rolleyes:

10. FuturePilot4u

FuturePilot4u LawnSite Senior Member

smith -n- wesson