Dirt in Eyes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bob, Jul 19, 2000.

1. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Now that its dryer out, my mowers kick up a lot more dust. Every night I'm pulling dirt out from my eyes. I am thinking of getting one of those eye washers that hook on the end of your faucet-about $50. My friend suggested that I ware swimmers goggles. I said if I ware them I'm also putting on a snorkel and flippers to complete the look. I ware wrap around saftey glasses, but they don't always keep the dirt out.

2. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

I would just say that it is an occupational hazard that one gets used to. Most of my lawns have grass so I don't have much dirt flying. :)

3. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

you could try wearing ski gogles. I thought about doing that but havn't tryed it yet. I think they would work well beacuse they are compfurtible, they seel of you eyes, they are tinted so they are like sunglasses and they will work as safty glasses too. Hey mabey you could start a new fashion stament.

4. slingshot

slingshot LawnSite Member
    from pa

yes that would work great if you dont mind going around with a white circle around your face all summer

5. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I say keep your eyes shut all the time and cut little peep wholes in them. This should fix the problem

6. Getmow

Getmow LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Conner Safety Equipment sells safety glasses with a seal somewhat like ski goggles. They work pretty good.

7. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Buy alot of Visiene (SP?) Put a bunch in before you go th sleep and you will pull a 1/2 yard of dirt out of the corners of your eyes in the morning. REM does wonderful things. <br>I have this problem all the time in spring while dethatching and in the fall when I chop up leaves. Without a full SCBA (self contained breathing apparatus) you are gonna get dirt, CHARGE MORE for it. Good Luck.

8. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Charles, you crack me up! :) :) :)

9. FIREMAN

FIREMAN LawnSite Senior Member
    from n.j.

TRY BOUTON GOGGLES, THEY ARE AVAILIBLE FROM JUST ABOUT ANY SAFETY EQUIPMENT SUPPLIER. ALL I CAN SAY IS WEAR A BASEBALL CAP TO HELP PREVENT THE RACCOON EYES LOOK OTHERWISE I LIKE THE SUGGESTION MADE BY CHARLES, FUNNY THE WAY SOME LAWNS LOOK AROUND HERE YOU'D THINK SOME OF THE SCRUBS WERE USING HIS METHOD, ONLY WITHOUT THE LITTLE PEEP HOLES..LOL