Dirtman's Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtman2007, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

lol

No its pretty much I tell them how I would want it and he agrees. But yesterday we changed our minds 3 times on hauling in that dirt, we went from going to do it, then not doing it (after calling everyone off) to we are going to do it ( so we had to call everyone back) in 3 hrs. he couldn't make his mind up.

It was just too good of a deal for this dirt to haul it in. I mean who else can load, haul and grade 1200 yards of dirt for 4K

2. CAT powered

CAT powered LawnSite Bronze Member

Not a farm. It's a stable. That is the difference.

A farm actually has to be profitable at some point. A stable is never anything but a money pit.

Horse people are crazy. They'll go out and spend 50 grand on a truck they use 9 times a year.

3. riverwalklandscaping

riverwalklandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

9 times? i don't know what kind of horse people you know.. but I see the trucks moved about 2 times a year max lol

4. J. Peterson Grading

J. Peterson Grading LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

I see places like that and think farm. I am in Iowa for gods sake.

But Horse people are funny. Here its, "I have cowboy boots, a cowboy hat, I smoke reds, I have a 4x4 truck (With a cracked front wind shield) I have pulled a trailer before, I have a friend who has a horse, I raise hogs, I am a cowboy!!!!!!"

J.

5. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

:laugh: :laugh:

Chris, have you found out if the seatbelt worked yet?

6. hvy 1ton

hvy 1ton LawnSite Senior Member

Like i said, you gotta love horsey people. If you guys think the 50k trucks are bad, have you seen some of the horse trailers?

Chris, what is that belt at the load site attached too?

7. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Oh man, that's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time. Thanks for that. :laugh: :drinkup:

8. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Hell yeah! They cost out the ass! I've seen used Featherlites sell for 50k! :dizzy: Its a freakin half ass enclosed trailer..

9. Dirtman2007

That belt is from a big Terex rock crusher. I've seen those horse trailers too. this fellows looking at one thats damn near $90,000 !!!!

10. Dirtman2007

what seatbelt?? oh the one in the dozer, nah I forgot to check. I'm sure it does...