Dirtman's Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtman2007, Nov 17, 2008.

1. CAT powered

CAT powered LawnSite Bronze Member

I think you must go change clothes before you take pictures. You have to... How the hell else can you use a saw and not even get dirty?

That or you take all your pictures before you start doing work.

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

You would make a crusty old Axeman very proud.

3. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

LOL. I said dirt not wood chips. BTW my boots were full of sawdust. I had to break down and put the flip flops on when we were done.:laugh:

4. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Either that tree was freakin huge or the Yanmar is as strong as a rotten pine handled shovel with Kaiser running it.. :laugh:

and dam your brave, no way I'd run a saw with shorts, especially over water on a tree.. :eek: To much to go wrong, but hey, its you and the job was done, thats all that matters..

And I've pulled numerous trees out like that(maybe not of that size, hard to tell size from pics, but dam big) and I've always had my saw guy cut a notch(almost like a face cut) in the top of the tree so I can stick the teeth of the bucket in it, curl it so the teeth bite in the tree, and pull on it, and keep doing that until its out..

5. nnj18

nnj18 LawnSite Silver Member

that horse farm is a gold mine

6. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't see how anyone can work while wearing shorts. I have to wear work jeans. Whether I am working in the dirt, or putting in replacement wndows and doors.

7. Dirtman2007

Its was one of those jobs where you just had to be there. hard to tell but that tree was in water about 6' deep in those first few pics. so in reality your only seeing 2/3 of what is really there. Broke two 2" straps that were rated for 8500 lbs in the process. they really do fly back quick when they break haha. There was no sticking the bucket teeth in this and pulling the one back.

8. Dirtman2007

but its freaking hot down here in the south...

9. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

I've got to wear pants and boots when working in the dirt, but cutting grass and doing carpentry work like you are talking about, I can do wearing shorts..

And Chris, thats what I figured, I was just curious..

10. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

It's OK to be curious, not the kind of "take a deep breath and let's experiment" kind of curious, but you know what I mean.