Dirtman's Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtman2007, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

ohh

It's still not going out in the pond. I'll loose it forever, along with me inside the cab!

2. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Dude that's why you send your helper out into the mud with the Tak. That way, when it gets buried, it won't be your fault.:laugh:

3. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

no way!!! you stay in the machine and then when it gets stuck you get to stand on the cab and bark orders at the helper to drag the chain thru the slop to pull you out!!!

haha ive done that a time or two

4. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Dang, that sucks.. Need someone to run the Tak? I know someone that would love to do it for kinda cheap, just need room and board and some transportation... :laugh:

5. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

Dirtman why don't you use a ditchcleaning bucket? Do you have a quick coupler so you can change bucket fairly fast.Just looks like you could cover the cleanout area faster with a wider bucket.

I'm sure smaller bucket when loading trucks out is easier then a wider bucket.I use to have a Balderson 72" ditching bucket on my old Cat 225 with medium stick.It handlered it good.

Working mud it time comsuming that is for sure.Probably hoping for no or little rain,i'm sure.Weather finally straight up a little here.Good luck !:usflag:

6. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Extending the shore lines is the best idea so far. But it only works so many times and then the pond gets smaller.

7. Dirtman2007

Nither machines have quick couplers so there's no bucket changing going to happen fast. I don't know, both machine have 48" buckets that can hold about 2 yard heaped up. sometimes that's more that the machine needs when you working on liquid mud while sitting on mats, the more weight the quicker you sink.

Actually everytime is rains it saves me time by washing more sediment out into the deep in of the pond. Since I've started I bet over 100 yards of sand have washed out into the deep end of the pond, o well it less I have to move:laugh:

8. bobcat_ron

Our Volvo 290 had a 72" and it was stable in peat soils, the 320's use a 72" ditch cleaning buckets and even on matts they stay put, a 60" clean up bucket would be really good on you 210.

9. Dirtman2007

how good does a flat bucket dig in fairly hard soil?

NC is weird in dirt, goes from mud to pretty hard clay to sandstone.

I doubt I'd even think about one with out ahveing a Q/C.

10. bobcat_ron

We have no problems in hard soil, hard pan is the only type here where we use teeth buckets, but the bolt on edges seem to stay sharper longer over the weld on edges.