Dirtman's Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtman2007, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Like Right of ways?

2. Heavyduty1

Heavyduty1 LawnSite Member

Yeah ROW, also main. of big acreage for GOV and big corps. Between tax money and revenue money drying out things have slowed down alot. You just need to find a niche(sp) market like Dirtman has to stay busy.

3. Junior M

I'd like to do the type of work you are doing, except start out doing residential brush mowing move up from there..

4. Heavyduty1

Heavyduty1 LawnSite Member

Nothing wrong with residental. Build up your client list , do a quality job and you should do well. I didn't move up the chain far, I'm still at the bottom. You know the gov still describes a small business as one that makes less than $1.5 million a year. I'm far, far from that.:laugh:

5. Junior M

wow, I am down at the very very very bottom of that list, literally.. :laugh:

6. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

So today I was finally able to run a machine all day.

Clearing some trees for a pond I'm making bigger.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well it does no good if you can't see the pond so here we go

before.

[​IMG]

After.

[​IMG]

7. Dirtman2007

just happen to have the grapple on the trailer at the house so I grabbed a couple hose pics for ya'll

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. talus

talus LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for posting those pics. That set up would work better. Still waiting for the owner of Solesbees to come up with an ansewer.:confused:

9. Junior M

what kind of presidential solution of a knot is that? :laugh: :laugh:

This whole grapple thing has got me thinking, the hoses on the grapple we got from Bobcat last came out on the side and rubbed on the tracks. I wonder if they make 2 different kinds?

10. Dirtman2007

lol, I just threw it up there so it was out of the way of the picture of the hoses.

don't you read junior... there are two kinds lol, one for a wheel machine and one for a tracked. in the first pic, that little plate with thw two bolts is where the lines come out on the other setup. but there's no way to put them to the center from that way... or so I was told???