Dirtman's Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtman2007, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

I definitly wouldn't change back and fore to the different buckets with out Q/C, that was always a pain for me since the old CAT 225 was manual.Had to have everything just right to get the pins in and out.

Plus then there was always all that grease:)

Also had a 36" bucket with the offset sidecutter that made it cut 48" at the base of the bucket.Mainly just used the ditching bucket the time i had it.

Yeah that wet mud get heavy !:usflag:

2. OrangeToys

OrangeToys LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW MO

i can't see your pictures

3. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

Well today we finished digging out this section of the pond

Here's a few pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OHHHHH CRAP!!

Looks like I slipped off the mats or did not have enoguh under me... I stopped before I buried the machine, got in the daewoo and tossed a few more mats to the machine, then walked it right out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The little takkie moved some mud today!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All done
    [​IMG]

4. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

So you guys are just piling the mud some where to dry?

5. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

wow you bailed that a looooong ways!!

6. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Lookin' good. So let me get this straight. You're just bailing the mud into a hole that you've dug onsite, right? So no material is being trucked out? That would be the best, just bailing dirt all day, no BS and no stupid ass truck drivers to deal with. Sounds like my kind of gig.

7. Dirtman2007

Yeah I'm pretty mush piling it up by the road over the weekend to dry. Then I will spread it out on the slope, seed and straw and call her done.

8. Dirtman2007

Yep thats pretty much it, scoop, swing, dump, repeat for 8 hours. Got er dun though.

9. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Nice, so I guess this isnt a fancy rich people community?

I have always wondered this but never asked, why does Volvo put those red and white reflector decals on the stick of the trackhoes?

10. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Rock on, those jobs are the best. It seems I've drifted further and further from those gigs over the last couple years, everything just gets more complicated and usually involves heavy math. :dizzy: Oh well.