Dirtman's Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtman2007, Nov 17, 2008.

1. wanabe

wanabe LawnSite Senior Member
    from So. IL

The sytem like that would cost big $ and take a serious ammount of time to set up and remove. Its not even a good idea for the hog industry in my view. If you just make a pond of crap in the field what good is that going to do? Sooner or later its going to need to be reloaded and spread. So why not just use a drag hose or wagon and knife it on some ground anyway? I think most places are wanting animal waste worked into the ground within 24 hours of placing it on the field.

2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

I just meant having three or four conveyors you could set up fast and easy so you didn't have to bail it ten times. Nothin fancy.just an idea not saying it is the only way to do it. I was just throwing a idea around, I'm always trying to do something faster and easier.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

Alright I brought the daewoo out to help with the pond dredging. So I'm on the volvo in the pond keeping mud pushed up to the shore, bossmans loading the 5 dump trucks. managed to get about 10 loads a hour so we knocked a dent in the mud today. Probably another 300 truck loads remaining.

some pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pushing off the dump site with the dozer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fueling up

[​IMG]

quiting time

[​IMG]

progress
    [​IMG]

4. NateV

NateV LawnSite Senior Member

No shiny new kenworths on this job i see. lol..

Good work!

5. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks like you made it back from icuee. Quite a big mess to deal with when you get back from vacation LOL.

6. Danny Boy

Danny Boy LawnSite Senior Member

So where's all the new superior Deere mud slinging equipment from the show then:hammerhead:

7. Dirtman2007

Haha If I had to use that stuff I just as rather stay home all day:laugh:

Bleed green

yeah it was a welcome back to work. I've had fun all week but i was ready to get back!

8. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

My favourite part about doing ponds is cleaning the machines afterwards- Not lol

That pond must of been chockerblock full of mud to have that type of quantity in that size of an area. And the engineer saying $800000 for the pond, was that his estimate with the material shipped offsite? Do you know what you are paying to dump mud at dump sites? I usually pay 60 all the way to 150 a load just to dump it. And as you know they are not full loads.

9. Dirtman2007

we found a place to dump it for free. all I have to do is grade it off and seed/ straw it when it drys with the dozer. This save a ton of money, other place was 80 bucks a load!
    plus this site is only 4 miles away.

So today we worked on getting all the mud down to the loading area.

mud mud and more MUD!!

Put both machine in to speed up the progress

[​IMG]

where are my tracks?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So I grab a mud mat and use it as a dozer blade to pull the mud towards me

[​IMG]

Now she's getting dirty

[​IMG]

head section dug down to grade..

[​IMG]

lots of mud to haul out, about another 300 truck loads.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. farmerknowsbest

farmerknowsbest LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good Chris. I'm curious, is there "bottom" in that slop are will you just sink until you hit rock?

Great pics.

Warren