Dirtman's Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtman2007, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

what were u clearing that ground for?

2. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

get r done !!!

3. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm starting to hate the F...ing Mud! Took daewoo over to the other side of the pond to dig out the other creek channel.

Dug a nice ditch in the bank to hold the mud, fill it with mud and what do you know, my dirt dam gave way and alot of the mud slid back into the pond:cry:

took about 2 hours to fix the mess, and what a mess it was:dizzy:

[​IMG]

Filling with mud

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then I had to extend a drain out since I extened the shoreline out. Fun stuff lying concrete pipe by yourself, I got her dun though

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then I went back over to the other side and played on the volvo a little digging a little catch basin in the creek

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now it's time to take the mini's over and dress up the shorline that I extened on the first side

My mud mats for the mini!

[​IMG]

Before

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Getting it done

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

Dirtman- What do you guys to about preventing your tracks from freezing up overnight in the winter?

5. Dirtman2007

I jack each side of the machine up and spin the tracks a few times before I park it for the night, that usually does the trick. I only had them freeze to the ground a few times in my life but Ihave always been able to break them loose. Remember we have somewhat mild winters here and nothing too cold. rarely does the temperture drop in the single digits if it even does in a year.

6. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

I forgot you're in NC.:hammerhead: I was thinking PA for some reason. The excavators won't give you as much trouble as the dozer and track loaders. Winter is a PIA here...

7. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

i am in PA:clapping:

we try and park them on boards when ever possible

8. Dirtman2007

I parked the volvo on mats, see in the picture? Not to keep it from freezing, just to keep it from sinking out of sight! Even the bucket was sat on one, this stuff is wet:dizzy:

9. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Man, what an awesome thread. Thanks for all the pics! And as said before- you' guys have some balls to take on these messy jobs. Are you also doing all the final details on the clean-up end of things?

10. Dirtman2007

yes sir, seeding and strawing will begin next week. Would you like to come help with the strawing? A lot will have to be done by hand as there's no way to get a straw blower back there. Ohhh Joy:rolleyes: