Dirtman's Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtman2007, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

I'am getting the feeling you don't own a pair of regular work boots you must wear hip waders everyday at work :laugh:

Amazing what you can do with mud its something I have never had to deal with that much.

Actually 2 jobs I worked on both working with slimey blue clay but never with the excavator sunk to the floor boards in mud.

2. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Looks good. It probably had been asked but would a long reach speed things up at all? You seem to do alot of pond work, just wondering.

3. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

suprised that you didnt put rip rap along the shore line or maybe try to sell a retaining wall install

4. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

I'll be installing some errosion control matting along that edge to prevent errosion along with planting grass

Got the mud dressed up the best I could until it dries some more
    [​IMG]

Ok.... that's just too much mud to shovel off by hand...
    [​IMG]

Dressing up some more mud

[​IMG]

Side loading the volvo onto the lowboy.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ6Pt0yQC9M

5. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like you finally found a way to use the bucket backwards! :laugh:

I noticed you guys use a PJ trailer, how do you like it? hows it holdn up for ya? Just curious, just wanting to know how they hold up over time since we havent had ours very long..

6. Dirtman2007

It's been a good trailer, we've had it about 2 years and It's probably got 50,000 miles on it. It get's used daily just about. The only problem I've seen with it is the steel rod that connects the ramps to the trailer/ pivot pint, get's bent and makes it hard ot rise/ lower the ramps. That mainly comes from unloading a machine when the ramps want go all the way down without force

7. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

are you cleaning the tracks out for transport? do you clean them at the end of every day?

8. Dirtman2007

Just cleaning them out for transport. Took the volvo to the volvo dealer to get a 2000 hour service where they change all the fluids.

9. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Now you're on to something with the mini cleaning the tacks, one of the big companies around here rigged up a long 5 foot long scraper that they use on the mini's to clean the 300's tracks.

10. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

yeah i pulled a real smooth move with my tracks, i was running in a swamp and got them all packed full of mud then being a lazy a$$ i only cleaned around the sprockets because it hasnt been tooo cold. well it went down below zero and froze the shat out of them, the sprockets are free but the tits on the tracks are all froze solid with mud. it took me three hours with a spud bar to get one free. tomorrow i will take out a 200k btu space heater and ply wood to box the heat off.

lesson learned...... dont be lazy!!!