Lawn Care Forum banner

Dirtman's Picture Thread

2M views 5K replies 271 participants last post by  Dirtman2007 
#1 ·
Well my day was going just nice and good until I got a phone call from the bossman saying that he had just buried the daewoo out in the middle of a pond were getting ready to dredge out. So I made a mad day over to the site to help in the recovery. The daewoo is sitting on TWO 8'X16' mud mats. that's just how wet this place is.
What I stubbled apon

ok now I've got water in the cab, holly Sh*t. the battery box is under water and the machines still sinking.

crap it's damn near going outa site.

I've got my volvo on the way and the bossman just picked up some mats.

The volvo had just arrive, two hours until dark, gotta get going.

Working it's way out on the mats

Finally reached the daewoo, started digging out in front of the machine to get some more mats under it.

My oh my....

Alright now we got the front of the machine up some.

Slow but steady

Alright now it too muddy to get out, passed the camera off and gave the daewoo all she had.

Here's me doing some serious thinkin

Now the volvo is getting bogged down.

Were getting there... I guess
[-o<

Now the volvo is really down deep, I'm not in a very good postion. I've got 12" of mud in the cab, having to kick it out so I can see the track pedals and It's getting dark!

Now it's dark, I'm standing on a sinking ship.... too dark for anymore pictures

Well It took some work but we got them both out. Now the clean up begins. Only one bent pannel door.. and It has to be on my freaken volvo [-( But atleast their out.

I guess we'll have to figure out plan "B" tomorrow...

See less See more
#428 ·
:laugh: Yeah, he's a little smarter than me.. :hammerhead: :laugh: Atleast we dont run NH.. :clapping: :laugh:
you should have paid attention in math... you would know how to calculate volume...:laugh::laugh:

#430 ·
:laugh: shut up, the boss did it different, maybe that was why we never had enough of anything, or we always got to much.. ;) :laugh:
Ah just get a load and if its not enough get another one... take whats left home with you. that's pretty simple:laugh:

#432 ·
How am I goin to haul it? Throw it on the trailer and hope it stays for the 45min ride home? ;) :laugh:

And this is a weekend job, hard to get a load of gravel out there on a saturday night, Sunday morning..
the quarry can bring on friday:hammerhead:

#434 ·
I know that, but you said if we dont get enough just get more, not possible if we need more to finish on Sunday..

I meant to ask you, I watched your in cab vid from the Takkie, does it have a radio in it?
Now that was music from my phone... improvised radio

Just get two loads:laugh:
they probably need some on their driveways anyways :laugh:

#435 ·
Now that was music from my phone... improvised radio

Just get two loads:laugh:
they probably need some on their driveways anyways :laugh:
Its a paved driveway, off of a dirt road and all the water off of the road runs down the drive way across the yard into the dug down garage and driveway and across the front of the house. If we get to much, I'll just go put it in the road.. :laugh: :hammerhead:

#436 ·
Ok today I did a little dredging on the head section of a pond. freaken Ice is still on the pond from last week:dizzy:

The bossman could not keep up with me slinging mud out on the skid steer so I got a little picture happy. I much rather run the volvo so I kept my mouth shut:laugh:

Ok my siphon cut off on sunday so the pond had already started to fill up again, Cut the 6 in siphon back on and put a 2" and 3" pump in to lower the water some

I dug all the muck out and placed it up on the shore where the tak moved it to the hole we dug to store it.

I pissed this Eel Off

Once again I've worked myself out of a job...

#438 ·
#440 ·
:laugh: yeah, but sometimes you got more work after that.. :wall

I am not sure if this is to personal or not, but what are yall gettin an acre for clearing up there? burning of course..
send me a PM,
how big are the tree's?

#444 ·
I know its been asked before. But.. Why don't you have a long reach boom and stick?

I know it would have to be a didicated machine since you really couldn't do any of the clearing and other things you do with it.

But don't you ever pretend to be Jr. and wish?

J.
No I don't want to be like Jr:laugh:

Like you said I would only be able to use it for pnd work, Then what do I do when I get on a job that I can't reach everything from the side? I for would not drive a long boom out in a pond and your pulling power is just not strong enough to pull yourself out. Then your screwed.... literally!
I've always been able to get it done with what I got, might as well keep on keeping on:weightlifter:

#446 ·
Finished up my mud chunking and spreading this morning

The Takkie was looking a little rough with so much mud on it, So I took care of cleaning it off:laugh:

#448 ·
Now that's innovative! Did you find any leaks in the Tak's cab after that?
Yeah the floor was nice and wet. The gasket around the door has seen better days.

#450 ·
Pretty good job for mud smearing, did you use your I beam for that.
Thanks

I just knocked it down with the back of the excavator bucket.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.