Dirtman's Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtman2007, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

I pretty much run the dozer and really don't let anyone else run it. My boss has only ran it about an hour since we bought the thing:laugh:

Yes a couple days after all the grading was done it rained about 8 inches one night, filling the pond with water and washing some nice ruts. so we had to regrade everything. Then it was hydroseeded.

2. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Oh, What about on that job when you needed two machines running? Just curious how people do things when they have someone helping them that isnt family..

3. Dirtman2007

The boss helps me when I need two excavators running. My helpers will help run the smaller stuff/ labor work. I stay on the machines :laugh:

4. kreft

kreft LawnSite Bronze Member

Is this a family buisness chris?

5. Dirtman2007

Yes. It's my uncle and me. 7 pieces of equipment just so we don't use the same thing everyday.

6. Junior M

I am free if you ever need help!! :laugh:

7. coopers

coopers LawnSite Bronze Member

Chris, that looks very nice. Interesting how the trees are growing over there. Are your forests so tight that they grow like that? We have some pretty dense vegetation here but I usually don't see what you have in your pic. Every now and then you'll get a group of trees that grow like that because of the lack of sunlight down near the forest floor but other than that...nice job.

8. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

People from out west often are amazed at our forest's dense growth.
    If you can find an old growth Hardwood forrest it is not so bad.
    Farming has rid the south of it's native trees and forrests so that is what has replaced it.Pines and sweet gums.
    Pine tree farming is also pretty popular which is what that looks like it started out as.

Here is a pic of a native Long leaf Pine Forrest.

[​IMG]

9. Junior M

Our woods look just like, except add a really thick underbrush..

10. Dirtman2007

Yes that land was planted pines. They sold the land, logged the pulpwood trees as the most trees were under 12" and then made it a house lot.

I came in and cleared the stumps, built the horse arena and pond.