Dirtman's Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtman2007, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

Na, the muds only a couple feet deep. No problem for our excavators.

2. Dirtman2007

Well with no dirt work to do today I was asked to build a dock for the horse arena project I did over the summer. I already had the posts in so it was a easy job. 70 degrees out by 9AM, but the water was cold! Thru the waders on and went to work. only took 4 hours.

I'm happy now, I got the ok on a big dirt job( moving 4000+ yards for a parking lot) so that sould keep me busy for a little while.

Dock is 8'X16'

This morning

[​IMG]

I'm glad I did not get carried away digging this pond!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All done

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Green Team Landscaping

Green Team Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

How would you go about getting those posts to stay in the mud?

4. Dirtman2007

When I built the pond I took the big excavator and pushed the post down in the ground about 3' deep. It would take 2000lbs to pull one out! It's not going anywhere

5. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

I can't believe it's still warm there, it's freezing here, even my Kitty Cat's balls fell off and he is plugged in for the night!

6. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Today they showed that Cincinatti was like 65 degrees and 245 miles NW of it it was 14 degrees.

7. Dirtman2007

The weather is F'ed up here this time of year, 75 oneday, 45 the next day. one night will be 20 and the next will be 50. It's now wonder we all get sick.

8. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

I was wearing my carhartt jacket and beanie last week, now I am in a short sleeve shirt this week.

Dirtman, you couldnt do a job with out bringing in a piece of equipment, could ya?

9. Dirtman2007

you didn't think I was going to bring all that lumber and tools down there by foot did you? Plus I needed a scoop of screenings to backfill around the dock:laugh:

10. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Oh, god forbid mister high and mighty operator man did something by hand!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]