Dirtman's Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtman2007, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Ok, got a question dirtman, How did you do that today when you were running the dozer and trackhoe, I assume they were running at the same time, did you have your helper run one piece of equipment and you were on the other?

2. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

Nope, I ran them both today... well all 3 machines actually. I just run from machine to machine for whatever task needs to be done. Keeps me out of trouble and keeps me busy. lol

3. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Idle hands do the devil's work.

4. Dirtman2007

Played on the dozer today while to bossman actually did some work! He loaded the truck and I pushed the dirt off and took pictures:laugh:

Loading out the brush this morning

[​IMG]

Brought my buddies old mack out of retirement, he's used it 10 times this year:dizzy:

It's a great off road truck!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dang that's a long ways down!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10' of fill in.... 20' more to go

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

I like that Kenworth, that Mack is a classic.Thumbs Up

6. Dirtman2007

Nothing else will keep up with that old mack onsite. All three axles will be dragging the ground and it keeps going. Plus it has 6 gears in reverse! watch out.

7. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

That is a old DM model Mack with the offset cab old and slow :laugh:

8. CAT powered

CAT powered LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't be mean to the old Mack DM trucks. I've got an 87 DM that is still a road truck that I run almost every day. I bought it new in 87. Sold it in the early 90s. Bought it back again last year. It needs a new box and a little TLC, but it still runs good as new. As for your slow comment I haven't found that at all with any DMs I have owned.

9. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Must be nice to use original ground as fill, if that was a job here, big $$$ hauling the spoil out and hauling rock in, you are sooo damn lucky!

10. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

I would never disrespect the old Macks, just hope I never have to run one.