Dirtman's Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtman2007, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Nice, so hows the seat belt in the dozer! :laugh:

2. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

With the rain we get here on the West Coast of B.C. we would have a tarp over the whole slope to keep the rain off till it got hydroseeded. One rainstorm and all the dirt would be over flowing the silt fence :laugh:

3. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

I don't know I forgot to see if it works... I'll try tomorrow!

who Knows it might hold me in the seat while grading the slope better than putting my foot on the windsheild.:hammerhead:

4. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

the only time you need a seat belt is if you "forget" to hit the decel before you shift forward/reverse

i don't think i have ever used a seat belt on a machine...except for a 4700 John Deere utility tractor brush mowing hills...its a bad habit because i normally don't wear one driving big truck either, which translated into not wearing one in small trucks...

5. Dirtman2007

yeah, go from 2300RPM from fowards to reverse in 2nd gear with no decel and you'll meet the windsheild up close and personal:laugh:

6. Dirtman2007

I'm different, I've never worn one in a peice of equipment. I mean I've never pull on one to see if it works or not. But with regular cars and truck I put it on every time. I guess I feel more safe in the machines as I'm in control of it. But on the road you have all the other crazy idiots that try to run into you:laugh:

7. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

true...plus if you don't put one on in a Ford the damn thing doesn't stop dinging

8. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

I occasionally wear the seat belt when I'm on a slope like that, or if I have to backfill close to a wall. The seat belt does help keep you from sliding around when on a slope, but anytime you could possibly be thrown from the machine I would wear it. Considering what you happen when you actually need it, it's worth the time it takes to click it.

9. RedRebel

RedRebel LawnSite Member

Our 2001 ford f250 will stop dinging...all you have to do is push the seat belt release when it dings and it will not ding again!

10. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

If that was here, we'd be sh*tting ourselves if we even felt a slight mist in the air, that would all wash away with rain.