Dirtman's Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtman2007, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

ahh you know too:laugh:

there is a trick to stopping that, I was in the truck all day oneday going about 5 MPH while the guys were blowing straw off the trailer. No need for a seat belt and the damn thing kept dinging:dizzy:

If you buckle up for a minute and put it in drive, then you can take it off and not have the dinging sound.

2. Dirtman2007

It rained about a 1/2" on it the other night and really did not wash that bad. But I don't want to see a gully washer no time soon! Goodbye silt fence:laugh:

3. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

yea or turn the radio up really loud, or buckle the belt behind your back...

there is also a way in the owners manual to turn the feature off...i tried in the 550 but couldn't get it to work

4. NateV

NateV LawnSite Senior Member

Yep its in the owners manual..thats the first thing i shut off on my truck when i got it..

Make sure all the doors are closed, trun key to on position and wait for seat belt light to go out. once it goes out buckle and unbuckle the belt 9 times ending with it unbuckled. then the light should come on for a few seconds. as soon as the light goes out buckle and unbuckle it one more time then the light should flash really fast which tells you its disabled. Its in the book i think its called Beltminder.

5. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

That clay will be as hard as a rock once you track it in with the dozer, it settles out and then rains a lil bit.. Atleast thats the way it is down here, hard enough to bounce a shovel off of..

6. RedRebel

RedRebel LawnSite Member

I will just stick to reaching down after it dings the first time and pressing it?!

7. Dirtman2007

Got all the dirt work done today. Time to take a couple days off for Christmas, then seed and straw the site on friday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

looks good chris...i am suprised your township/county is letting you get away with slopes that steep though

9. Dirtman2007

Thanks

I've never heard of any rules about how steep hills can be around here. The fill side is not a s steep as it was before. It was a 1:1 slope before, now it's a 2:1 to 3:1 slope.

10. jefftb

jefftb LawnSite Senior Member

Slopes are not overly steep unless you are worried about erosion control.

I'd think you'd need to go 2x-3x as heavy with the blown straw for those slopes.

The initial cost would be more but I would go with excelsior fabric and staples. It would reduce the potential for a go back-but that's just me.

I just looked at the pictures again, I would revise my excelsior fabric statement to just covering the farthest left section of the slope and the pretty steep sections in the back right below the access road.