Dirtman's Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtman2007, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

Yeah I'm going heavy with the straw on the slopes. I'm lucky the homeowner at the end where the fill is will let me use his driveway to bring all my straw and blower down. He was so excited for us to bring all the dirt down his way. He now as a back yard instead of a cliff!

2. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Wow, looks good chris, so in all how many yards did yall move?

3. Dirtman2007

I think it was close to 4000 yards. not too bad for only 4 working days. Its graded and ready for seed/ straw.

4. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

That's damn nice parking lot, is it getting gravel later too?

5. Dirtman2007

Yeah, I'll probably do that on monday or tues.

6. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

up in these parts townships have codes that state any disturbed area can not have a finished slope of anything greater then 3:1 if it is to have grass planted and 2:1 if it is not having grass planted but rather shrubbery....anything steeper needs to either be terraced or go through months of approval...

i like the way you guys do it down there too....if we ran regular silt fence that close to a stream and not super silt fence the conservation district would be all over our ass

7. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice work! I wish we had dirt half that dry and easy to grade. Frozen all week, now mud after the rain.:rolleyes:

8. Dirtman2007

This is actually the first time I've put up silt fence with stell post and wire. I usually just buy the cheap crap from lowes with the wooden post already stapled on. It's just for looks anyway.LOL

City said stay 30' from the creek. Well I am in some places. Thats why we did this near the holidays, Get in, Get out, and get r done, all before they return to work.

9. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

There has been a few jobs that I worked on where we needed a silt fence. The rules and regulations about working around a creek that fish use can be a little strict.

Around here you don't want the dept of fisheries guy mad at you. Anytime something has to be done around a creek its done in a dry season so there is no chance of run off into the creek from the rain. If it does start rainning them the work is put off till the rain stops.

There is times of the year when the fish are spawning you can't even work near the creeks.

10. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

so what exactly were u doing on this project?