1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Dirtman's Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtman2007, Nov 17, 2008.

1. PonyExpress94

PonyExpress94 LawnSite Member

Chris, are you hauling all the mud out yourself with just the KW or do you have other trucks lined up as well?

2. mxridernorth

mxridernorth LawnSite Senior Member

How many trucks have you got hauling and are you using yours for hauling (with other driver)? Also how do you go about bidding a job like that, if you don't mind me asking?

3. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

I've got 6 trucks hauling it out along with the bossman running our KW. Of course I can load all 6 trucks and they all leave at the same time, guess what? they still all manage to come back at the same time:hammerhead: Damn truckdrivers.

Oh yeah and one ran over the cable box at the road along with crushing a breaking the storm drain too:hammerhead:

4. zabmasonry

zabmasonry LawnSite Senior Member
    from C. VT

How many yards of material did you put into that temp. road?

5. ioilyouin

ioilyouin LawnSite Senior Member

I've been on plenty of asphalt jobs and it always amazes me how they manage to bunch up like that.

6. hvy 1ton

hvy 1ton LawnSite Senior Member

They are herd animals... like women. :rolleyes: I bet whoever's cable box got smashed was out there right quick to tell you about it. :laugh:

7. Heavyduty1

Heavyduty1 LawnSite Member

Yeap, If one stop, they all stop. The local BO time near me, always has 5 dumps in the parking lot eating and yapping. I drive by and think, I bet the boss is wondering were the dumps are. :laugh:

8. Dirtman2007

I've put down about 200 tons of stone and when I left today I could hard tell there was 40 tons on the ground. Loaded dump trucks made the road gy bye bye

9. Dirtman2007

Well I got to baby sit more dumbass truck drivers today

woke up all the neighbors starting a 630am
    [​IMG]

so lets all try to pull in and back down a one lane path:hammerhead:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

making progress

[​IMG]

spreading more stone for the path

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Chris,

Good work, I saw this the other day in a magzine for a company working in a lagoon. It is a geogrid might help in the future to put down under the crushed to firm up the crushed stone from sinking in just figured I would pass it along. http://www.tensarcorp.com/TriAx/Overview.asp

Where is everything that you take out going to?