Dirtman's Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtman2007, Nov 17, 2008.

1. hvy 1ton

hvy 1ton LawnSite Senior Member

I see the bossman didn't level out the volvo.:nono: And is see more evidence of truck driver herd instincts. :laugh: Did you put geotec under the whole road or just the first part? If you did, that ground doesn't have much holding capacity, but I bet you already figured that out. :drinkup:

2. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

Yeah I've seen that before, its pretty expensive stuff to use. we are using crushed concrete for the road, get a 20 ton load for 130 bucks so its not too bad.

Its kinda ironic but I'm digging out this lake and hauling all the mud over to a farm to fill in a old pond! haha

hvy 1ton

Yes the bossman had to load one load while I was screwing with the road. he got my loading pad all jacked up for the 3 minutes he was running it. Hard to hell but Im sitting on 4 mud mats to keep from sinking outa sight

As far as the fabic I just rolled out a roll that I had, prolly 250 then i just stoned the rest, I might have helped but then you get all the fabric wadded up once it ruts up and you grade it out.

But look at the bright side! I wont have to haul out the haul road when Im done, just scrap a coupld inches off! lol

3. Dirtman2007

Can you spot the daewoo?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Walk down to the dam of the lake today where the city is doing some work to raise the dam. Its hard to beleive but water has gone over this bridge before! thats 75' wide and 8' deep btw!

might be why theres so much silt in the head section!

[​IMG]

4. flairland

flairland LawnSite Senior Member

That sure is hard to believe, must be a long river leading up to that dam!

5. hvy 1ton

hvy 1ton LawnSite Senior Member

The dirt was really flying out of that borrow pit. :drinkup: You ever ask anyone how many acres of watershed that pond has? It has got to be up there to need that big of a overflow. :dizzy:

6. Dirtman2007

Been a busy week but I've pretty much got all the dredging done

spreading mud at the dump site nice and early

[​IMG]

Digging the rest of the pond and filling the pit up

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now here something that just made my day. Some ******* neighbor called the inspectors in to come check on my jobsite to see what they could find wrong.

So here we go, I come back from lunch and see some lady walking back up the haul road in shock. turns out she was the inspector, it was also very evident that she had been snooping around so much she fell into my pit full of mud!!!

I mean she was covered in mud to her waist. how in gods green earth she managed to walk around all my caution tape and into this is beyond me? hope she enjoyed the ride home thats all I have to say

see where she went in pretty obvious there was a hazzard with two rows of tape?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Krafty

Krafty LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from St. Louis MO

Hahahahahaha suits her right, ya just can't help stupid people!! So did she get ya on anything??

8. tmf lawn care

tmf lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

nice you sould of got a pic :hammerhead::hammerhead:

9. Ozz

Ozz LawnSite Senior Member

Chris, I've been wondering, is the only way to do those jobs with an excavator? In shallow sections, could you take a dozer/track loader and push the mud out? As in pushing it to the end, then bailing it out with the ex?

10. Dirtman2007

Negative, look at the second and 3rd pics of the mud ring on the back of the machine. I got into a soft spot and I was sitting on mats and still sunk 5' in the mud. Now imagine what a dozer would look like! not pretty at all LOL

There was not one spot in this lake that didn't have atleast 3+ feet of muck before harder ground, not a place for a dozer on this one.

now when the ground hard enough for a dozer thats the way to fly as it can push so fast. Put the dozer in the pond and a hoe on the bank loading it out. you can move a world of mud quick.