Dirtman's Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtman2007, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

Did a little clearing and driveway installation today

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. backhoe24

backhoe24 LawnSite Member

Just curious as to why you brought the tractor to spread the dense grade stone when you had a dozer there?:confused:

3. Dirtman2007

it was a 1/2 mile from the shop and was just easier to use that to grade around the road vs the dozer, I used the dozer to knock it down and a couple passes with the box blade makes it look so much better

4. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

what kind of pickup do you have, is it an F-250, and how do you like it? I am just curious cause I am trying to decide on a truck to get and am thinking F-150 or Dodge 1500. Just doing some research right now.

Is that clearing for a new house I'm guessing

5. bobcatexc

bobcatexc LawnSite Senior Member
    from IL

How come you don't use rubber gaskets when belling up your concrete pipe, I know its just a driveway but it could start sucking sand and dirt. Also why don't you strip the grass between the culvert and highway and dig at least 6-12" along the asphalt, looks like you'll have soft spot or have the rock mounded up at the edge with rock always out in the highway.

6. Dirtman2007

Its on the top of a hill water will never go through the pipe, I dont see the need for a $50.00 box of con seal. I didn't get the utilities checks so I wasn't going to dig and rip up anything. Hard to tell in the pics but the stone is 6" thick there it aint going anywhere. brought in three 20 ton loads of stone and it didn't sink so that suited me fine.

7. Danny Boy

Danny Boy LawnSite Senior Member

What model Kubota is that and how useful do you find it in your work? What kind of jobs is it used for the most?

8. Dirtman2007

Its a B2910 its just alittle 30HP tractor its a 2000 model with 670 hrs on it so it does not get used very often but its nice to have and use it for little jobs like this

9. Impact-Vector

Impact-Vector LawnSite Member

Anyone know what you call those blocks? Apparently "Large/BIg ass Concrete blocks" doesnt ring a bell with anyone... :(

10. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Mafia block is what I've heard them called.