Dirtman's Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtman2007, Nov 17, 2008.

1. hvy 1ton

hvy 1ton LawnSite Senior Member

Gotta love playing with dirty dirt. Wouldn't suggest playing in it though.:laugh:

2. Ozz

Ozz LawnSite Senior Member

Wow... That looks like it went down to about 25 feet. That's a lot of oil unless it ruotured, and the whole bottom seams came apart. That's nuts...

3. deerewashed

deerewashed LawnSite Senior Member

i bet he could smell the dumplings and chow-mein!

4. flairland

flairland LawnSite Senior Member

I'd be real nervous about that foundation moving now with all that disturbed soil. I see they are using a form on stabalizer bars, but still...

5. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

That T300 would fit nicely in the hole.

6. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

Yeah after the hole was backfilled the foundation crew was going to come back and install some better supports for that side of the house.

The surveyor told be the hole was just over 20' deep. I hit solid bedrock when I quit smelling the strong fuel oil smell. Quite interesting job, had to wait around as they took dirt samples from the bottom of the hole.

I know it was tight trying to dig so close to the house, not kill all the massive oak trees in the yard but keep the machine low enough so I could reach the bottom. had to be on my toes!

7. Treemow

Treemow LawnSite Senior Member

Love it. Classic.

8. queen of spades

queen of spades LawnSite Member

What were all the metal posts under the foundation? Looks like they had the foundation leveled at some point?

9. tailboardtech

tailboardtech LawnSite Senior Member

We use them up here in maryland for slab houses that are near the water if they start to settle you drive them in the ground 20 couple feet below the foundation and we fill about a 1 foot hole that's about 5 feet deepwith concrete around them I am guessing the same thing for this.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

Did some more clearing and burning today

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ot ohhhhh someone else can build a rock wall!:drinkup:

[​IMG]

Big old gum tree

[​IMG]