Dirtman's Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtman2007, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

The fun never ends. Geo Web time

Found out again today That this is the second time this stuff has ever been used in NC, and guess who got to use it the first time.... ME! haha

2 days down, we got out 8000 SQ ft of it put out, tendons ( yellow strings) run through each peice 24" OC, rebar every 2' across and 4' down. (LOTS)

all thats left is to bury a deadman at the top of the hill connect all the yellow strings to it, backfill, and fix everything back

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

got tired of carrying rebar so i brought the long reach down to help speed it up

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jmacd

jmacd LawnSite Member

How much cover to put over the grid.?

3. Mow4It

Mow4It LawnSite Member

Rebar caps on them t-post and rebar would be a good thing. As steep as that is if someone trips, slips, or falls it would be a bad dealeeo. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm not sayin I'm just sayin. I've seen a guy live after being run through (falling on) a piece of 5/8" and getting cut off with a quickie saw and loaded on to the ambulance with it still in him. Makes you stop and think everytime you see an unprotected rod after that. Looks like a heck of a day no doubt climbing up and down that thing and I bet you don't forget things but once and have to go back after them.

4. Dirtman2007

Yeah all the rebar has plastic clips on the end to hold it in place which is pretty much the same thing as a Cap. as far as the T post they prolly should have something over them

So today we buried the deadman and connected all the tendons to it and then backfilled.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ready to backfill tomorrow

[​IMG]

5. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Very cool system.

6. Dirtman2007

the web is 6" thick so we will probably put about 7-8 inches of topsoil over it just because it will settle some and we dont want the web to show.

then we seed and install matting on the slope and also plant 80 saplings back along the bank

7. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

now thats a cool project!!

i love the idea that yall are putting trees back!

8. thunderthud

thunderthud LawnSite Member

If you need the manual for the machine, let me know. I have five of that machines brothers. They are a bit of a change from your Volvo.

9. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 LawnSite Senior Member

Thats a really slick concept with the matting. I bet its fun to walk on all day.....

10. Dirtman2007

Its neat stuff no doubt.

It sucks trying to walk in it until its all nailed and tired down. now that I'm getting dirt in it its nice.

Started backfilling today and covering in matting as we went

[​IMG]

to keep from leaving foot prints all on the matting while we stapled it down I put my head to good use.

Works like a breeze

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]