Dirtman's Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtman2007, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Ozz

Ozz LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, those 984s are freaking awesome. Nothing like it... It should weigh about 265,000 minimum. They recently brought out a new machine called the R9100, which run about 14,000 less. Makes you wonder if the 984's going the way of the dino.

2. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Just found this article. Very cool Chris, congrats on some more publicity!

3. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

haha yeah that woman on the phone asked me questions for 25 minutes, they sent me a couple copies the otherday I had been waiting to see how it turned out.

Now I can't talk about what else is in the works but this is nothing compared of the things to come:drinkup: This has been a very, very good year for me!

4. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Chris spent most of last night looking through this thread. Very nice work and the new Kenworth is a thing of beauty. When you are installing ponds or build a dam, do you not have to do compaction? Out here we generally have to have 95-98% compaction to pass inspection. I would really like to know what the engineers were thinking on some of the creek jobs you had to do. We run into the same issue out here all the time.

5. Z'mnypit

Z'mnypit LawnSite Member

6. Dirtman2007

yeah I've seen those before, you can buy a good used mini excavator for what those things cost! plus the real ones are way more fun.

7. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

How do you like your tri axle trailer? Does it handle the mini ex well?

8. Dirtman2007

Well i've been slacking on the pics. Been working on a select clearing project with the 140 and i'm getting burnt out on it. thinning out 6 acres and burning it. real tight work. Now the owner wants it 50% thinner so I'll be back at it again. Good working by the hour now

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

did a little drainage job tieing in some down spouts off a building

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Graded out a mile long logging road

[​IMG]

Started a 2 acre clearing job with the 210 today

clearing for some horse pasture for a customer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

some logs cut

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. zabmasonry

zabmasonry LawnSite Senior Member
    from C. VT

Chris,

Have you ever run the numbers on grinding all then non-sale-able timber from your clearing jobs into biomass fuel. I see all your big piles being burned and have to wonder if there is money to be had going up in smoke there.

10. Dirtman2007

Burning is always cheaper if the jobsite allows it.

Best i've heard around here is getting 10 bucks a yard for that or $1000 a tractor trailer load. By the time you knock it down, sort it out, pile it up, grind it. load it then haul it I dont see any money in that.

Plus I like to play with fires.