Dirtman's Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtman2007, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

On this job the owner said do what you were if it was yours. so I cleared out all the small scrub stuff and left all the bigger trees.

I liked to leave all the nice hardwood trees like oaks. I also left the pines but try to take out all the gum, cherry and whatever else is in my way.

2. Dirtman2007

I got your operator right here brett

3. Dirtman2007

ok just for you. Finished up a 2 acre horse pasture clearing. No I dont do that very often maybe if I have a tree beside one I'm trying to save I'll cut off but I dont like stumps.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Thank You! Lol. Thts one hell of a hole!
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. curtisfarmer

curtisfarmer LawnSite Senior Member

Burying stumps in any animla pasture is a time bomb waiting to go off 20-30 years from now. I fix about 3 of these situations a year, so much cheaper to do it right the first time.

6. Kepple Services

Kepple Services LawnSite Senior Member

All those stumps and wood to me is money you are burning... Almost makes me cry... I saw a few thousand easily in flames just in the last few fire pics..

7. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Burn baby, BURN!! For every tree and stump fire you make, a tree hugging hippy cries.

8. Dirtman2007

I just dont see how you make it worthwild? just no market for it around here that I can see.

get paid to clear it, paid to burn it, then paid to bury it.

win, win situation for me.

$3500 an acre

9. SP Landscaping

SP Landscaping LawnSite Member

Do you give a multi acre discount say if you do a 12 acre job? You would charge $42,000

10. Dirtman2007

A little its hard to do it much cheaper than that. If theres timber on it you can take what you get for that off the price but you still have time in that.

Can't work for free just to work.