1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Dirtman's Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtman2007, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

But heres the thing nothing hit it? got in the machine shut the door and wala

Im not sure if the guy cut the glass to big and something was in a bind or had a chip in it and the force of the door shutting cracked it?

Pissed me off tho
  2. CLP

CLP LawnSite Member
    from Maine

On mine, if you do not latch the window up right it slams down and shatters. Makes me mad as hell, but it's to late then.$$$
  3. LuckyFlyinROUSH

LuckyFlyinROUSH LawnSite Member
    from MO

Honestly was looking all over the picture...the last thing I saw was the cracked glass. Must be used to it haha.
  4. Kepple Services

Kepple Services LawnSite Senior Member

ahhh.. NOoooooOOOo... Eh, thats alright I have about 20,000 yards of stuff to grind in its place at my yard.. Just finished a project today at Universal Studios.... Had to clean up an old vegetative waste dump area they used for years... Guess they are going to build another hotel...
  5. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

I know this is a hard question but how many yards you think is in that one big pile thats burning?
  6. notaniel

notaniel LawnSite Member

Time for another new windshield,
    or just wait till something comes crashing through it like the last one

and the heating and cooling could have caused it to crack, not sure how close to the fire you were though
  7. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

wow that sucks....u just got the window fixed! Bet the local glass company is loving you about now.
  8. Kepple Services

Kepple Services LawnSite Senior Member

Damn near impossible to tell, but a real rough guess would be about 3000.. all depends on how dense it is, and of course how deep... Our pile is just greenwaste, not including all the tree debris and logs we have and is pretty dense... I have to get another shot of our yard before we grind it all up in the next week.
  9. 1993lx172

1993lx172 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd put my money on an chip in the glass.
  10. icex

icex LawnSite Senior Member
    from WV

I got a brand new replacement window in my f150.. few months later it rained and cracked it all up the side.

Glass usualy has a 1 year warranty as long as nothing hit it. I suggest calling whoever sold you the glass.