Dirtman's Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtman2007, Nov 17, 2008.

1. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

has the truck been able to dump any load you've had in it? jw since its not a dog-house/multistage type tilt. has she been good so far? any limitations?

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Great work on the pond.

3. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

trucks been real good for the price its worked wondefull. Should have another one on a big dirt moving job playing tag team on about 3K yards of dirt moving.

just had a few bugs that are showing, one was the bolt that connects the rod that engages the pto fell out and it wouldn't dump.

we tore the tailgate off, got to do a little fab work on that. I bent the headboard when it got suck loaded and pushed it out with the 210 and dozer haha. I just reached over with the bucket and pulled it back up straight, bent the top of the cab tho.

It gets the hell beat out of it. when it really breaks we'll take the tires off and sent it to the junkyard and get another one lol

4. Jim385

Jim385 LawnSite Member
    from SE PA

Sounds like that will be a fun job. Funny 3k yards doesn't seem big to me anymore.

We had an old 6wd army truck very similar to yours at the school I went to, that would always drop the pin out of the clutch or PTO like that.

5. AMCAT

AMCAT LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

6. Dirtman2007

7. Dirtman2007

Did a little mowing yesterday and today

3 retention ponds total. took about 2 hours each.

first pond

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

done

[​IMG]

2nd pond
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    done

[​IMG]

3rd pond

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

done

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Impact-Vector

Impact-Vector LawnSite Member

Do you have a drought there? Very sad looking ponds.

9. hvy 1ton

hvy 1ton LawnSite Senior Member

Retention ponds only hold water temporarily. They drain all the down when not in use aka when it's not raining.

10. Impact-Vector

Impact-Vector LawnSite Member

:walking:

Thanks. My brain assumed big pond with water. Down here retention ponds are usually concrete casements