Dirtman's Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtman2007, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Chris, where did you get that white John Deere hat you have been wearing in your videos?

2. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

I got a few from vegas when I went to conExpo

3. Dirtman2007

Pretty much got all the dirt in place to fill in the pond.

still have about loads of dirt left than needs to be removed before the model home can be built.

talked the owners into piping the creek and using the rest of the dirt to level off the back yards to all the house lots.

460' of 30" plastic pipe. just a mere $10,000 alone:dizzy:

loading out dirt.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

double benching

[​IMG]

getting some pipe to get started

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

grading the trench for the pipe

[​IMG]

rrroooockkk:hammerhead:

[​IMG]

4. Dirtman2007

I got good at setting boxes and pipe today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Impact-Vector

Impact-Vector LawnSite Member

And you just pour concrete around the junctions to keep them water tight?

6. S-205

S-205 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ontario

These people have got some money to spend or what?

7. Dirtman2007

yes I'll grout around the pipes and then pour concrete in the bottom of the boxes so there is no standing water between the bottom of the box and the bottom of the pipe. I'll form up a little box around the box that has the sharp angled pipe going into it and pour a block of concrete around it so nothing funny happens.

And yes They have Deep pockets. They paid for these two subdivisons in cash so they have no probelms with doing things the way they need to be done.

8. mzm

mzm LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

nice work after 12 hours of reading this fourm i can truly say you do nice work and nice pictures

9. jmacd

jmacd LawnSite Member

Chris,
    A couple of suggestions. Have your pipe with bell ends facing direction of work.
    What we do is push pipe into bell end instead of the other way around. You then are not pushing dirt in to pipe and pipe fits together much better.

We also work from lower elevation up and face bell ends uphill. Then again push spigot end into bell not the other way around.

They also make all kinds of 22.5 or 45 or 90 degree fittings for N12 pipe that would make your connection to your structure correct.

The pipe should be bedded in something other than existing material like stone or sand but pipe that big wont move much. This customer is spending some money so the extra fine tuning wont cost much compared to the over all project.

It looks like you are using pipe lube so that makes it go much easier, you can buy that in a spray can instead of brushing it on, also easier.

We also buy our structures with the inverts all ready cut in them so no cutting the holes in on site.

10. jmacd

jmacd LawnSite Member

Sorry Chris but I cant help myself I guess. One more important thing to do. You should be backfilling as you go for two very big reasons. One is that when you push the next stick of pipe on you don't move the pipe pushing it into the structure.

The most important reason is if you get a lot of rain tonight the pipe will lift out of trench and ruin all you work if the trench fills with water. I have seen 30" pipe come out of the ground, ruin the work and you have to start all over.