Dirtman's Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtman2007, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Now I never said it was the best, I said it was the cats ass, as in nice, not the best. Thats the only backhoe I've ever really ran.. From what I've seen Case is by far the best backhoe out there, thats all I've seen for backhoes up here in Illinois...

2. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

Well I have seen the inside of the takeuchi enough this week:laugh:

I've bounced my jolly rear off enough this week in it already

All day monday I spent hauling stumps nad brush to the burn piles. Look at the size of those stumps.... only a takkie could do that:weightlifter:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then today I went over to the neighbors house and did some "clean up work" meaning I pushed all his "sh*t" into a big pile. My oh my look at the crap:dizzy:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

then I dug a little pond for him

[​IMG]

I look forwars to playing in a 12 acre swamp the rest of the week in the volvo now:drinkup:

3. Junior M

I assume you dug that little pond with the Takkie? You did that all in a day?

4. Dirtman2007

Nah I used the daewoo, only took about 2 hrs then a 1/2 on the takkie to dress things up.

5. Junior M

Oh, this is that clearing job you ran the backhoe on? I was about to say, jeez, I know the Takkie can move some dirt, but dam! :eek: Thats alot of dirt!

6. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

man that guy sure got some crap to hide

7. Dirtman2007

Yeah thats the one, I only moved proably 250 -300 yards of dirt, I could have done it all with the takkie but I would have been there for about 5 hours, maybe a little less If I was steady at it.

8. Dirtman2007

Here is a over head view of the swamp, the red line is the new creek channel I will be digging. Going after some new swamp mats in the morning... I think I'll need them

[​IMG]

9. Junior M

Jeez, how long? And how wide?

Whats the news on that biggest job you've ever bid on?

10. Dirtman2007

I'm just digging a trench about 10' wide and 5' deep through the center to help drain the land. Dang beavers are killing all the mans timber.

That big job.... hurry up and wait, it may be two years before anything else happens. Like everything else, money is the problem.