Dirtman's Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtman2007, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

I like to park all the machines together. it bothers me to leave them all over the jobsite.

takeuchi 135, yanmar 55, Volvo 140, 160, 210

2. JNB Construction

JNB Construction LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Chris. Do you still have the Unlimited Attachments brush cutter? If you do, how's it working and is yours a mid or high flow model?

3. Dirtman2007

I think its a CID attachments mower. It works great will cut just about anything you run over. whether its suppose to be cut or not!

its a Low flow mower as my tak 150 is not high flow. it will bog down if you run over a tire or try to mow too much but it will hurl the hell out of stick and logs when its cutting. I can launch 2' long 1" sticks 75' across the pond lol

4. JNB Construction

JNB Construction LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks! Unlimited has a link to one of your videos,which is why I mentioned them. I'm pretty sure that they and CID are one in the same.

5. Dirtman2007

finished the house demo and built another pond for a customer

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

6. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Chris have a quick question for you. Looked at multiple jobs for one developer today.

One consist of cleaning up a debris pile from when the property was cleared over a year ago. We are allowed to burn, so tht is my plan. My game plan is too use a bobcat 334 excavator to pull apart the pile and feed the burn ill will build as I tear the pile apart getting the dirt and trash seperated.

My question is, how do y'all go about charging for burning? Same houry rate as long as the machine is in site?

Thanks
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. lumberjack1986

lumberjack1986 LawnSite Senior Member

You'll want to pull it apart and repile before lighting as you don't have the reach to stay out of the heat.

Repiling is done at hourly rates here. If someone has to be with the fire 24/7, that's charged at a lessor rate, usually $25/hr.

8. david bailey

david bailey LawnSite Member

Chris,
    Did I see yr dumptruck out on Holland Church Rd a few days ago?

9. Dirtman2007

unless the job is already priced out for burning ect, we charge by the hour.

like it was already said go ahead and repile it first so you are not trying to work beside a raging fire. most of the time I have something else for the machine to do while the fire is burning. if theres nothing else to do but you feel the need to stay and watch it then just keep an hourly rate going.

some times if I have another job close by ill go start the fire in the morning, then go work on another job and just swing by a couple times that day to push it up.

10. Dirtman2007

yep that would have been it, finished up that last pond I took pics of