Dirtman's Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtman2007, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

Here is a pretty good video of me busting a huge beaver dam. I almost forgot that the mats floated, one tried to float away towards the end! Sucks to be downstream!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfVKY8ZGXXM

2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

have you ever lost a mat or had to search for it in the mud?

3. Dirtman2007

yeah when they get about 4' under the mud they become very hard to get out, you can feel them but the suction that is on the mat it more than the machine can pull.

I've only lost two, got the machine out but the two mats under it had to stay!
    Remember this picture:dizzy:

[​IMG]

4. CAT powered

CAT powered LawnSite Bronze Member

Chris you're officially a nut job. That being said you can come operate for me any time you'd like.

If all that volvo does is play in the mud then why don't you get a mud undercarriage for it?

Also what are those mud mats made of? It looks it's just some timbers with steel rods to keep em together?

5. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

That is to cool!

6. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

I think you guys should invest in a walking excavator :laugh:

You definatly like playing in the mud and some odd places :dizzy:

7. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

They look like 6x6's or railroad ties.. The newest ones looked like the ones made out of 6x6 posts...

8. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

Nothing like being up sh$$ creek without you MAT:laugh::hammerhead:

I did notice that there are same spaces on the ends(mat), is that to drag them around if you didn't use them like you do with the bucket and thumb.Thats my guess:confused:

Interesting job, i would think having the dead logs around would be of some help to use ahead of the mat to set the mat on.The stumps would be a pain.

So where you started your dig(ditch) was it pretty flat not much drainage because it looks like the water is backing up pretty bad in your new ditch,but might be that you are still having more water running in faster then can get out?

The land owner needs to get the traps( gun,land mines:laugh:) set quick!!!!! His buddys will be back:rolleyes:

Do you have to retrack you way out at night or can you get off to the side to refuel at nights, or will the Volvo run on air:cool2: Don't bury it( the curse:laugh:):cry::usflag:

9. Dirtman2007

The mud mats are made out of 8"x12" oak logs bolted together in 4 places. so all together they are 4' wide and 16' long

10. Dirtman2007

So today I fueled up and headed out for another long day of mud swinging fun!

Here is what I had to look forward to.

[​IMG]

keep the channel comming

[​IMG]

Reached the big dam that I busted yesterday
    [​IMG]

the bever hut, before I crushed it lol

[​IMG]

No water on the otherside today!

[​IMG]

Sometimes you just have to look through the dots!
    [​IMG]

Nothing like eating a Sundae out int he middle of a swamp!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

that's a long ways

[​IMG]

Now I risk my life to get these pictures, one slip off a log and I'm gone!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Good end to day two, day three starts tomorrow.

[​IMG]