Dirtman's Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtman2007, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

If I wanted to hear metal, I'd just stick the camera outside next to the Exhaust pipe and turbo. :laugh:

2. MJM316

MJM316 LawnSite Member
    from Mpls,MN

Hey Chris you ever see gators or snakes in those swamps or just turtles?

3. Dirtman2007

We don't have gators around here but we have tons of snakes. If a couple of them bit you, there's a 50/50 chance you would not make it back to the truck alive if you were alone. Hence why I don't like to get out of the machine if its during the summer!

I remember on a job a couple years ago, I flipped over a stump with the bucket and atleast 5 copperheads came flying out:dizzy:
    I really don't like snakes either...

Found a bunch of Eels too.

4. MJM316

MJM316 LawnSite Member
    from Mpls,MN

Ya NOOOO thanks there:cry: me and snakes don't get along! I guess I would take this white crap over those things

5. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like you need a pair of snake boots.. :cool2: :laugh: They dont bother me, as long as I got something I can kill them with near by..

And that turtle.. :eek: Was that thing alive? I had one of them bad boys pop up when I was getting ready to get into a pond with my waders on to rake the moss(thats all we were pulling out, I posted pics of it here) that Dad couldnt reach on the machine, as soon as I pulled my left wader on that huge freakin turtle popped up, and I pulled my waders right back off, bulls#it if I am goin in the water with that thing in there...

6. Dirtman2007

yeah it was alive! Its neck was a good 3" in diameter... that thing was huge ans Pissed off!

So today I wiggled some levers for another 8 hours and managed to get something done. Felt good to be out of the mud... well for a few hours :laugh:

got the pond dam cleared off.
    [​IMG]

little cove cleaned out

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

then cleared a little section that stuck out in the field

[​IMG]

go go juice

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ok I could not stand the dry dirt

I had to go unclogg a spot in my creek channel

[​IMG]

Then I took a walk to make sue there were no more jams in the creek

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

oops...

[​IMG]

so on the way home I stopped by a pond that I built back when I was in High school, it has be coolest natural color of any pond I've seen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

my camera needs a rest now:laugh:

7. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

I guess you can now walk in the swamp with out sinking too far, looks like a good clay base under that slop!

8. Dirtman2007

yeah In some spots its solid bed rock, I mean for like a 150' circle nothing but one big slab! then 50' over is bottomless!

9. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

:laugh: I woulda messed with him with the bucket.. Aint no way I woulda got close to him though..

10. Dirtman2007

Its just a turtle you big sissy... its not like its going to chase you down.

Then again I could see you tripping and the thing bites your leg off:laugh::laugh::laugh: