Dirtman's Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtman2007, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

Out of every excavator that I have ran, the volvo beats them all. It's by far one of the best machines to run. It does good on fuel, ever since we've had the thing the fuel gage has always show a 1/4 tank less than what you really have. So that makes it seem like it burns it quick but in reality it's only used 3/4 of a tank. I can say that the daewoo does get more hours on a tank than the volvo. you can almost go 16 hours of steady digging with a tankfull on the daewoo, that pretty good I think.

2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

16 hours of digging on one tank? holy shat!! how many gallons?

i had that brand new cat 321d and i couldnt make it 8 hours before it was out. it must have been a tinny tank.

3. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

No joke under normal digging conditions I could range anywhere from 14- 16 hours a tank. Which would probably be around 60 gallons of fuel as I always fill up a little below a 1/4 tank. Running the pure dog crap out of the daewoo I have never been able to burn more than 4 gallons a hour with it. It must be a "green machine" lol

4. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Picasso......all the boys around here seem to be trading (when it is time) their KityCat's for Volvo's.......similar sized machines, Volvo was $140 less a day to run than a Cat this summer on fuel and Volvo was offering killer financing...

5. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Cat also has some issues with booms breaking on their excavators too, but my brother went through the numbers 2 years ago and Volvo would have said major $$$ in fuel and monthly payments.

6. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Volvo is slightly cheaper in price too.

The Isuzu engines in Hitachi usually has good fuel ecomomy. Komatsu isn't good, Deere is horrible and Cat is just as bad.

7. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i cant speak from experience but i hear terex x's are suppose to sip the fuel.

8. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Volvo has a good chunk of the market. They make the best 6x6 ATD out there. The wheel loaders are good.

9. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

volvo trackhoes....best out there bar none

10. coopers

coopers LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh good it's not just ME. I was wondering what the hell is going on.