Dirtman's Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtman2007, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Never run a Volvo hoe but would like to. Don't see them hardly ever out here, mainly Komatsu, Deere/Hitachi, and Cat. Guy I worked with said he ran a brand new 360 I think it was a year ago and said he loved it. The bogus thing about Volvo is their keys, they're about $60 I'm told. I had to hassle the mechanics for a Sakai key this summer. One of them said if I was ever able to swipe a Volvo key, do it.

2. coopers

coopers LawnSite Bronze Member

I thought I read the Deere's D series excavators are supposed to be good on fuel now.

3. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

Scag i will sell you a copy of my Volvo key for 50......HAHA

i will also throw in Deere backhoe, CASE, CAT, Liehberr, and DEERE dozer.....and if you really want i will throw in a 357 Peterbilt key, a takeuchi and kubota mini-hoe key....those will be extra of course

4. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Sometimes on ironplanet they auction off sets of keys for $50 or so.........

5. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Deere engines have always been piggy on fuel.

Komatsu was making a big appearance in the area and now you don't see too many new machines. The one forestry contractor went back to exclusively Hitachi excavators won't go back to the Deeres because they cost more and they burn more fuel.

6. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

So day one of "plan B" work out problem free. I'm taking the mud and extending the shoreline out about about 20' and then hauling the rest upto the road and extending the slope from the road. I'm probably be using my buddies tracked off road dump truck for that.

here some pics

I had to do some clearing where some mud is going, then I ripped all these bushes out, and dug out hole to store the mud in.

[​IMG]

7. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Band width exceeded, might wanna start a sub-album or another account like I always do.

8. Dirtman2007

Hymm... Does this mean I get the title for picture slut of the month???

9. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

dirtman......you can be s... of the year if you can top "the cat in the hat in a bag" -

10. Dirtman2007

Well call me post racer! +1 post more for me lol