Dirtman's Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtman2007, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

alrighty then... I take too many pictures.

From my second photobucket account lol:

So day one of "plan B" work out problem free. I'm taking the mud and extending the shoreline out about about 20' and then hauling the rest upto the road and extending the slope from the road. I'm probably be using my buddies tracked off road dump truck for that.

here's some pics

I had to do some clearing where some mud is going, then I ripped all these bushes out, and dug out hole to store the mud in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Digging the storage hole

[​IMG]

Getting the volvo in deep

[​IMG]

still can feel solid bottom

[​IMG]

5:00 somewhere:drinkup:

[​IMG]

I can tell you one thing, this place is surrounded by old folks who don't have anything better to do then ask me question. Solution... Never make eye contact, it really does work LOL. They get closer, and closer, then you accidently drop a bucket full of mud from 6 or 7 feet and send a little mud flying toward them. Evil, but very funny in my own little world:laugh:

2. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Dude that's the only way to keep working. I've been on a couple jobs where there were people who want to ask questions all day. The worst is when you absolutely have to get out of the machine and they start spit firing questions as soon as the cab door opens. I usually told them my time was worth $2 a minute, they usually got the point, but the best way to avoid it is to not stop the machine if possible.

3. Dirtman2007

Haha yeah you have to love the famous question: "what are you doing"

In your head you say: "Well I was working"... the they proceed to rape your ears with unwanted information.

4. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Is their a time line that you have to complete this work in, or is it just a "until it's done" kinda deal?

5. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

and here i thought i was the only devious one.......been afraid to share that little secret for fear of ridicule...........but it is a reward in itself...........gotta be sly though, some catch on......

i always do a meet and greet with "did you bring coffee and donuts?" and when they look at you with that "look", just get the engine rev's up and keep movin'.....

6. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

No video's Dirtman? I really like your video's there always awesome, and you always get a good shot..

7. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

8. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

I have a feeling it will be way worse than that Ronny...

9. Dirtman2007

It gets done when we get it done.

I don't think I'll even take the takeuchi out there at all. but that does not mean the takkie want be there to move some mud.

10. Dirtman2007

no good video's yet. I took one of me demoing the gazebo yesterday. The video quality turned out to be rather poor and hard to see so I don't know if I'll upload it or not. I just wish I had a video of all the old farts with their facial expression when they realized it was gone.. I guess they did not get the memo!!:laugh:

I put two new ones up today

Digging ashes

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=ApMkSHd-f74

In the dozer backdragging

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=hqMCSeelL1M