1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Dirtman's Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtman2007, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

:laugh: :laugh:

I am at school, and youtube is blocked :wall so I cant watch the video till late tonight, I finally got some work! :clapping:
  2. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

Alright now plan "B" seems to be working pretty good. It's been me and the volvo swingin mud for the last two day and I've made some progress. First I cleared off the shoreline, all the trees and bushes. Then I dug out a channel along the shore line to store the mud and extend the shoreline out.
    Tomorrow My buddies tracked off road dump truck should arrive so I can use it to haul the mud to the other storage site

playing in the mud some more

I'm making some progress.

Filling up with fuel.

Another end of a good day.

3. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Looks good. Dumb question, but do you ever have issues with bucket cylinder rod seal being exposed to mud? I know you guys dig a lot of ponds and I'm sure they see a lot of water and mud, curious if you have any issues.
  4. Dirtman2007

We've never had a problem with it, obviously you don't want to rap the cylinder up with mud all the time, but every now and then want hurt it. our last machine we sold had over 7000 hours and the bucket cylinder did not leak a drop.
  5. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Nice. I've never encountered those conditions, just curious as to how it works out.
  6. Dirtman2007

You should pay attention at school. lol

Here's a good mud swingin video for you junior.

7. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Here's another good question, how in the hell did you take the first pic, I don't see no foot prints in the butt deep muck?
    I know this was asked sometime ago on another previous mud mania job, but there doesn't seem to be anything you can grab on, and jumping that distance is impossible.
  8. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

gotta find a proxy, thats what I used to do last year, just type in proxy for youtube on google and keep trying them until one works... oh and don't get caught:)
  9. Dirtman2007

I just love to make to think on how the hell I get out. LOL

I can tell that I did not even get muddy... can you guess how I did it now???
  10. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Dirtman........did you fly? :) Hey......can you feel bottom out there or are you just sitting on firmer mush? Looks like fun now........you got ZZTop playin' tunes on this one?