1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Dirty company!!!!WOW

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by lawnmogul, Jul 13, 2008.

1. lawnmogul

lawnmogul LawnSite Member
    from DFW

It is amazing to see how dirty alot of companies keep their trucks ,trailer equipment.What ever happen to personal pride.

2. I read on here water was bad for mowers, I guess thats part of the reason.

3. lawnmogul

from DFW

wash and then dry with a blower.Wipe down housing and cover it.It is your lively hood after all.

4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I hear ya....

I have picked up some of my best accounts simply because other LCO pulled up, opened there doors and soda cans fall out....

they dont take pride in thereself there is NO way they will take any to others

5. lawnmogul

from DFW

Bohiaa you are so right.I knew you would reply because i know you run a very nice business Thank you.

6. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i pull up in a dirty old 95 ranger and gatorade bottles fall out all the time. along with my jack links teriyaki jerky rappers. customers dont give a crap because i do one helluva a job on their lawn. so go ahead and polish your 08 f350 superduty crewcab and spit shine your mowers every evening. waste all the time on something that customers could care less about. while youre doing that, i'll be enjoying time with my family.

7. lawnmogul

from DFW

And you are proud of this?

8. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

damn proud of the job i do. my blades are always sharp and my lawns look as good or better than anyone who has to wash his mower every day. its not the mowers or the trucks or any of the equipment that the customer cares about, its the finished product. you can have the most shiny equipment but if your lawn looks like crap, do you think the customer will say "atleast his stuff looks good".

9. M & MD Lawn

M & MD Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I always keep the truck clean, the mowers I wash every now and then, usually after I cut in the rain (mud), the trailer never gets washed tho. i make sure my truck is shinin inside and out

10. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

Wasn't the movie "Deliverance" filmed in Kentucky?

You got your answer!! :clapping: