Dirty mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by plantzpropertymanagement, Apr 28, 2007.

1. plantzpropertymanagement

plantzpropertymanagement LawnSite Member

Any one have any commercial property's that leave your mowers looking like you just got done mud boggen all day? Man I have one that takes me 7 hours to mow and when im done good lord my mowers are a mess I think its time to invest in a power washer.

2. NMS0219

NMS0219 LawnSite Senior Member

Commercials? hell I have residentials that make my equipment a mess. In fact wednesday we got 2 z's stuck in the mud. I had to drive out their with the 4x4 tractor to yank them out.

3. plantzpropertymanagement

plantzpropertymanagement LawnSite Member

Yeah I got stuck plenty of times to, very agravating I think I spelled that right oh well haha.

4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Yup I got my Exmark stuck Thursday.... I cut an Airport and on the side's of the runway's there is a small drainage area " wouldn't call it a ditch" But once that wheel starts loosing traction.... dont fight it go get the truck.....
    then of corse it slings mud everywhere

5. NMS0219

I had a mess to fix after I got it out. The guys that were running them are new hires this year and kept spining the tires. All that accomplished was to get them really stuck.

6. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Yep, the TT and Scag were full of mud earlier this week. The backside of a condo complex was seeded last fall, and water had washed out some of the seed so there were a lot of muddy bare spots. The landscapers are likely going to be re-grading and sodding the area but for now, it's a mud pit.

7. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

i have a residential i get stuck in each year. just when i think ive learned my leason i think the ground is dry enough. without warning the tires break through, i have to drive my truck into the back lawn to tow it out. i suck! ill probably do it again this year since im too lazy to get the WB out and use that. its always right after i do a massive cleaning on the machine too

8. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

LOL that's how I am at the airport....... I just too lazy, Cool thing about it though there's a runway

9. NMS0219

Must be Nice everytime I or my guys get something stuck its way the hell out their or its a yard you cant get something in to tow it out so out comes the come along and the chain, strap, tie down, rope, just so you can reach the only thing strong enough to tie to so you can yank your self out.

10. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

I hate getting stuck, I alway think oh i''ll make it through and then you go to make a turn or something and the machine stops moving and you look to the side and see the tires spinning. now the hard work begins...

How about the dust bowl lawns in August when you feel like you need a respirator because you can't breath and your mower and arms are dirt brown.