dirty mowing job

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by olderthandirt, Mar 24, 2006.

1. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Would any of u mow a prison account that required you to clean outhouses used by inmates ? The job is about as nasty as can be. And how much would you charge or would expect to get paid compared to one that only need mowing. Would you even take the job? Before you say NO, someone has the account and its comming up for bid.
  2. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

Cleaning outhouses ;) No way in hell I'd do that. Could always sub out the crap work :rolleyes: and do the usual lawn maintenance.
  3. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

If I had employees just my hourly rate plus BS charge. If it was me............................................I dont know I would do it but it would be ummmmmmmmm 80 an hour lol. That sounds like enough. Everyone has a price.
  4. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

sub out that part to a septic company and get a pressure washer for the actual scrub down part and one of those plastic hazmat suits and away you go.

If the money was right, I would do it.
  5. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Have done worst. Would not be cheap but if the money was right I would take it
  6. fazzy815-66

fazzy815-66 LawnSite Senior Member

no friggin way!!! Ill stick to mowing. I guess if you can sub it & be completly removed from it.
  7. sikagrass

sikagrass LawnSite Member

Myself Id pass on it. But if you do bid it, do it at a price where you will be amazed if you get it.Heck I whine about dog poo.
  8. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

I really wouldn't want it but would take it for the right price. I would charge, oh I don't know maybe 3.5 - 4 times what the mowing fee would be. I would then either sub the outhouses out or (I had a friend use this method as part of a contract bid that included public toilets), maybe bungee cord the doors open, stand far enough back from the opening and pressure wash the outhouses out. I would use any means within reason from a $ amount point of view to get these cleaned without having to get to dang close to them LOL!

So what are ya gonna do Mac? I assume this is in your neck of the woods and you are considering the bid?

btw, the friend that had the public park contract that included the cleaning of the toilets said the pressure washer method worked out great for him. His guys never had to really get in there and actually scrub as the pressure washer did the job just fine.
  9. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i'd call up the porta potty rentals and ask them how they clean them... couldn't hurt... or maybe get a pump like a septic tank cleaner would use... i wouldn't turn it down soley on the potty cleanups...
  10. timmac

timmac LawnSite Senior Member

I would do it as long as they would let me take a sample of the potty water home as a door prize! LOL!