1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Disc or Harrow for ATV

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by SOSINC, Jan 9, 2007.

SOSINC LawnSite Member

I just thought I would give it a try here but maybe somebody out there might have a answer for me. I have been looking to either build or buy a disc or harrow to use behind my ATV for putting in food plots. I have seen some site out there but didn't know if anybody here would know of any other good sites out there or if you knew someone that had made one and had some drawings on how to make one?
    Any info or help would be great! Thanks.
  2. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

I found this a little late, but I think there should be several sources for them.

Have you tried Rural King, TSC, etc? Sportsmans Guide should have something, and I think Northern probably does.

As for building a harrow, you might be better off trying to find one for a tractor and cutting it down to suit your needs. I would tend to think that a disc would be a different story though, most of them are around a 14" disc and you probably would want something smaller in diameter than that due to wieght and traction issues.

I've been looking for a pull-behind disc for my Allis WD for the same reason!
  3. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Dr Felix: I got just what you need for that ol WD. Only problem is I'm in MD. Have you tried the unofficial Allis-Chalmers web site?
  4. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

Nope, I haven't.

I can't really afford anything right now, and I know I can't afford a snap-couple disc!!

What's the link?
  5. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont know how to attach the link, the address ia allis-chalmers.com. You might want to check out ytmag.com (yesterdays tractors magazine)