Discharge Blocker

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Myk, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Myk

Myk LawnSite Member

I had the new foot control discharge blocker installed I haven't used it yet because the grass isn't tall enough to cut yet. Just wondering has anyone bought one and used it yet just curious what to expect this season with the new equiptment. Thanks for the input.

2. Mowman16

Mowman16 LawnSite Senior Member

I bought the Trac vac model for my Lazer HP this spring and am thinking of buying a Lazer XP with the exmark version too. Hope it works good for you!

3. green acres lawns

green acres lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I have had the manual ocdc from york sheet metal on my 60" lazer for about four years now. Works great. I use it with mulching blades in the fall to mulch leaves and other times to keep clippings out of beds and off the pavement. I can see where a foot operated blocker would be handy if its reliable.

4. green acres lawns

green acres lawns LawnSite Senior Member

By the way, welcome to Lawnsite.

5. Myk

Myk LawnSite Member

Thanks green acres lawns. I've learned a lot from this site. hey your from Marshfield. You got any accounts in Springfield? If so is green acres lawns your companies name I'll be looking for you. Oh by the way have you started yet cutting grass? I'm starting monday

6. Myk

Myk LawnSite Member

Good news the foot control discharge blocker works great I got to try it out today and it work pretty good.

7. lawntimenosee

lawntimenosee LawnSite Senior Member

Do you have any pics of the Exmark ocdc ?

I'm curious because I just ordered one, should be in this week sometime.

Glad to hear that you like yours. :)

8. Myk

Myk LawnSite Member

Sorry I don't have any pics. You should really like yours.

9. chipk1

chipk1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Just bought a new Lazer HP 52 Today. Picking up tomorrow because I am having the OCDC installed. Dealer is installing one for the first time and said it is not easy. Looking at a couple hours labor. I will try to upload pics tomorrow evening of the OCDC setup.

10. chipk1

chipk1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Tried the OCDC out today and well it does what it is supposed to do. I like the foot operation. It didn't seem to help in any mulching capability, but I have the ultra cut deck, so not much left anyway. I love this Deck! Hardly anything left to blow compared to Dixie 50". The only thing I liked about Dixie's OCDC more is that their Shoot folds back open over deck, where as Exmarks OCDC folds out straight out from deck? Not a big deal too me though. I will probably get the mulch kit. I think allot of guys here are using them.