Discharge Blockers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PR Fect, Mar 23, 2004.

1. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

OK, who is using them and why. What kind? Trimmer Trap / Blade Blocker, Master Chute, W.E. Chaps Grass Handler

2. STAN1366

STAN1366 LawnSite Senior Member

I've got a Trimmer Trap on my Lazer. Not the best out there though. I think it cost me $160, but the handle wobbles a bit where it goes into the deck mount. It serves it's purpose, but if I had to, I'd get the Master Chute since you don't have to move your hand from the control.

3. PR Fect

Same story, i should have known. Twice the cost, twice as good.

4. STAN1366

STAN1366 LawnSite Senior Member

That's not always true, but after using one that has to be opened/closed manually, it only make sense to have a foot operated OCDC, after all, ya got 2 feet just doing nothing but your hands ALWAYS have to be on the controls.

5. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I fabricated one just like the masterchute. It uses an electric window motor.

6. Lawn-N-Garden Guy

Lawn-N-Garden Guy LawnSite Senior Member

Got any pix of that window opener chute

7. PR Fect

Does it stay shut? The master chute video shows one going across a lawn, but you really can't see how tall the grass is. When your really throwing clippings, say with doubles, does it stay shut?

8. WAGS LandL

WAGS LandL LawnSite Member

I use one called the director on both my lazers. It is from York
    Sheet Metal. It fits all exmark riders and I think scag. Excellent
    product, well built and simple to use. It does stay closed no
    matter how tall the grass. Well worth it for keeping clippings out
    of flower beds, out of the street, driveway, parking lot etc. Also
    good in the fall with mulching up leaves.

9. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Wags landl do you have a website for the one you have , i done a search but didnt have any luck

10. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I don't have a digital camera to take a picture of mine. It looks and works just like a masterchute. I simply bought an electric window motor, wiring and a switch. I had a welding shop make the brackets and all. You can get a motor from a junkyard or go to an auto parts store like I did and just put a new one on. It's really sweet to open and close on the fly without stopping.